Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1815
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with trans" Previous topic | Next topic
pctech429Aug-26-03 03:37 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1815, "Problem with trans"

I'm having a problem with my trans. I was involved in an accident and my whole front end kind of moved about 2 inches. Well I got the body fixed and when I picked up my car the speedometer did not work. I took it to my mechanic and it was the speed sensor. He replaced it and it was working fine. A few days later my transmission does this wierd shift and will not go past second gear I can go about 35 and my rpms are at 4000. Talked to my mechanic and he said there was another sensor that Mitsubishi recomended I have replaced when he did the speed sensor but he did not because it was not broken. So I got that and also had the fluid flushed, I made sure that it was ATF+3 that was being put in. Took it home, a few days later same thing. I look up and some people say it might be the soleniod pack. So I have that replaced, but it still happens. The strange thing is that if I shut down the car and turn it back on, my trans shifts fine. It seems that it's electrical but I don't know what else it could be. Do you think it could be mechianical?? Has anyone had this problem?? I'm about ready to throw it in the river and have the insurance deal with it .

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Problem with trans [View all] , pctech429, Aug-26-03 03:37 AM
  RE: Problem with trans, jwhit, Aug-26-03 05:45 AM, #1
RE: Problem with trans, pctech429, Aug-26-03 06:57 AM, #2
      RE: Problem with trans, jwhit, Aug-26-03 07:13 AM, #3
           RE: Problem with trans, Joe B Slow, Aug-26-03 07:26 AM, #4
                RE: Problem with trans, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-27-03 07:48 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #1815 Previous topic | Next topic