Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2003 DSM Shootout topic #134
View in linear mode

Subject: "General Shootout Information - update" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Feb-13-03 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134, "General Shootout Information - update"
Jun-26-03 08:25 AM by VX100

The DSM shootout is the annual drag racing event held every year by Buschur Racing. Every owner with a DSM (Talon, Eclipse, Laser) and a 3000GT/Stealth can enter the competition.

The Shootout will take place this year on Sunday, July 20th. It will be held at Norwalk Raceway in Norwalk, Ohio.

On Saturday, July 19th there will be an Import Nationals Drag Racing event at Norwalk Raceway. Everyone with a DSM typically will spend the whole weekend there, racing at both events. Most people will therefore arrive some time on Friday, the 18th, stay from the 18th to the 20th, and usually drive back home on Monday morning the 21st.

So, gererally speaking, if you are going to the Shootout, plan to stay there on July 18th, 19th, and 20th.

Please reference Buschur Racing's website for more information on the classes that will run at the shootout.

http://www.buschurracing.com/schedule1.html

For a non turbo DSM (with or without a turbo kit), we can run in front wheel drive, Bracket one, Bracket two, or quick 16. A nitrous powered NT DSM can run in bracket one or two or quick 16, but not front wheel drive.

Regardless of how the car is modified, it will probably be futile for a non turbo eclipse to run in either the front wheel drive class (you will need to run at least low 12s to be competive) or the quick 16 (trust me, you are almost certainly NOT quick enough to compete in this class!). Plan on bracket racing.

***UPDATE***

They are going to have a DSM car show on the opposite side of the track on saturday, during the import event. You shouldn't have to pay twice to see the show an to race, from what I've heard. They will also have a Portable dyno there, and a "dyno shootout" with some kind of award.

***UPDATE***

Just so you know, I have heard there will be an EVO class at the shootout. I doubt many EVOs will race there, but if you know someone who has one, tell them to bring it.

***UPDATE***

The 2GNT meeting at the shootout will take place SATURDAY, JULY 19th at 8:00 at the BEST WESTERN in Norwalk. Even though the shootout is still some time away, when the date gets closer ALL of the people who are on the "who is going" list will be sent e-mails reminding them of the meeting date and it should have a few other tips and things to remember in it too.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2003 DSM Shootout topic #134 Previous topic | Next topic