Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #122273
View in linear mode

Subject: "GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
DirtMegirtJun-01-14 06:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
205 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122273, "GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock"
Jun-02-14 10:30 AM by DirtMegirt

Im posting to see if there is any interest in a 3.55 neon manual transmission with a quaife limited slip differential installed, as well as a 99 stratus 2.4l block with custom internals to increase displacement to 2.6l.

3.55 neon tranny with quaife lsd installed - $1200
I purchased the Quaife brand new and installed it into the transmission. The person i purchased the tranny from claimed that it was purchased new, disassembled, gears were cryo treated, ss shift pads installed and then reassembled. Hydraulic clutch bellhousing was then installed. Unfortunately i do not have any documentation to prove these claims. I have not put any miles on the lsd or the trans while ive owned it.

2.6L shortblock - $2000
I purchased the crank, rods, and pistons from the original 2.6. I then bought a 99 stratus block, and had it machined. The machine shop confirmed that the stroke was increased from 101 mm(3.976") to 104.78 mm(4.125"), and the block was bored from the stock 87.5 mm(3.444") to 88.9 mm (3.500"). Internals were installed using King bearings, new JE piston rings, as well as new JE wrist pins and locks. Bedplate is secured using the ARP al a carte assortment put together by Code4, and the oil hole from the balance shafts was tapped and plugged. Srt4 oil pump was installed, and the Miller tools were used to install the rear main seal, front oil pump crank seal as well as the crank sproket. Crank counter weights and rods were originally coated by Polymer Dynamics with an oil shedding coating which gives them the silver color. As you can see from the pics i have the srt motor mount bracket, the srt water pump(installed), both the upper and lower alternator mounts, the srt ac compressor mount with tensioner, the srt timing belt tensioner, the srt oil pan, pick up tube and gasket, all three pieces for the timing cover as well as the srt idler pulley, and the 2.4 dipstick and tube. I also have the two dowel pins for the head to block seal.

Hopefully someone would like to continue with this project. Don't be afraid to make an offer. Pieces located in northern New Jersey (07840). Local pick up would be perferred, but if buyer pays shipping im sure we can work something out. Please request any pics as well as asking any questions you might have. Thanks for looking.

DirtMegirt
Wiki Contributor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock [View all] , DirtMegirt, Jun-01-14 06:21 PM
  RE: GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock, J, Jun-02-14 09:24 AM, #1
RE: GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock, AdministratorCODE4, Jun-02-14 03:10 PM, #2
RE: GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock, iNoise, Jun-10-14 03:59 PM, #3
      RE: GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock, iNoise, Aug-27-14 08:12 PM, #4
           RE: GI: 3.55 neon trans with Quaife lsd installed and 2.6L shortblock, iamnotwhoiam, Sep-08-14 04:38 PM, #5

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #122273 Previous topic | Next topic