Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #21426
View in linear mode

Subject: "July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ" Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-29-10 02:03 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21426, "July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ"

I posted this ona local board. This year i have done something different than the meet i do every year since AMS will no longer host the DSM swap meet like they used to.

Since AMS isnt able to host the DSM Swap meet this year, lets try to set this up and continue the tradition.

Plainfield IL 60544

Time 1200-?

Details:
*Open Grill, Bring whatever you like. I will have dogs and Burgers but obviously I cant feed everyone.

*Beer is acceptable but use common sense, no DUI's. If you get belligerant when you drink, please dont drink. I am not about to force a drunk to leave and drive but i will tie you to a tree and let the entire community piss on you as they drink.

*I will have a few cases of pop, bring some as well, plenty of Refrigerator space and I should have a pretty good size cooler outside (unless it walked away).

I can set everyone up in the driveway, my driveway is actually a double drive with the neighbors (my parents) and we will have full access to it. If you prefer shade then the front yard is the best bet but bring somehting to put down like a tarp or blanket. Parents have a pool and as long as we are not trashing the yard they wont mind. You want to swim......go for it and no fucking in the pool or hot tub (I get warned on a regular basis).

Parking will be along my street and the park accross the street. I will send out notification to neighbors ahead of time to make sure any concerns are addressed beforehand. I think it goes without saying that when in a residential area, bouncing off 2 steps or reving a car while parked is unacceptable lets be respectful so that in the future we can continue to do this.

Installs: If you pick up something small and want to put it in, we can prolly get that done in the garage. Lets not be pulling cars apart in the street. Lets avoid anything major that has a potential to go south. I can bail out most problems depending on materials required but I dont want to have to lock your car up in my garage to keep it safe because something broke and you cant afford to tow it home. If something does happen, then we will just figure it out. This is the purpose of doing this Saturday as well, if a car ends up not driveable then we have Sunday to get it back on the road.
Bring your tools if you want to do something. I will keep mine locked up just becuase its too easy for things to walk away even when its unintentional. The use of the garage is here and jacks ect. Lets not try to work on cars all day though.

If you have a cracked VC.....bring it. I will see what i can do to make it useable again.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ [View all] , AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-29-10 02:03 AM
  RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, Moderatorteklein, Jun-21-10 04:02 PM, #1
RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, irregular defect, Jun-21-10 05:13 PM, #2
      RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-23-10 11:57 AM, #3
           RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, Hult250R, Jul-22-10 06:56 PM, #4
                RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-29-10 01:02 PM, #5
                     RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-02-10 07:10 AM, #6
                          RE: July 31st DSM Swap Meet / BBQ, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-02-10 08:01 AM, #7

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #21426 Previous topic | Next topic