Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20814
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS" Previous topic | Next topic
dalesmitsuMay-24-07 08:33 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20829, "RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS"
In response to In response to 0
May-24-07 08:33 AM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by Adam Hahn
To all of you loyal and loving fans of the Hahn RS, I am sad to inform you that the car is now put to rest. Here is a little bit of the story of what happened: The car had been out of commision for quite some time and my dad figured that instead of letting it sit in the corner in the shop, that he would pass the car down to me if I put all of the heating/ac and motor back into it. It wouldn't be boosted (It was a 100k mile motor from my black Eclipse), but I would be able to drive it to and from school and own it. So I decided it was a killer deal and spent my whole Christmas break putting it all back together. I finally finished the car and got it all tested and legalized in mid January. I continued to drive it to and from school for no more than a month when the fateful day came. I was on my way home from school and I was coming up on a stop light that had just turned yellow. I could easily make it through so I didn't slow down or stop, just kept my pace. A car from the oncoming traffic turned left in front of me. It was kind of a risky move on her part, but no danger. Unfortunately, the lady behind her was not paying attention. She just followed the car in front of her and SLAMMED into the front left fender of the RS and sent me off into the corner of the intersection. When I came to a stop, I tried to get out of the car to no avail. The door was jammed shut. I climbed out of the passenger side door and looked at the damage. The suspension was all messed up, the fender and door were smashed in about 8 inches and tears began to flood my eyes. She ended up getting the ticket. The tow truck pulled the RS away and both my dad and I were praying it wasn't totaled. The collision repair center said it was, and then changed their minds and said it wasn't. Then they changed their minds and said it was for sure this time. Needless to say, It was very hard to take out all of my personal belongings and items and say good bye to a car that meant so much to so many people. So now all I have left is the front fender and a piece of sheetmetal from the door, and the many memories of the fun times had with the car. It's quite a sad way to end such a meaningful car. R.I.P RS

Wow, glad you're okay. same thing happend to me from the rightside but it was an old lady. Quick thinking on my part she didn't, she got a and her insurance paid me 2k for the damages.

I found in the Canton Rep.com that there's someone selling a black 1996 Talon ESi for $550 5spd, motor needs rebuilt but body is good.
Maybe you and your dad could pick this up and build you a 9 sec. Bird.
Its located in Ohio one state across from you, I bet the seller would let it go for less.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS [View all] , Adam Hahn, May-21-07 09:16 AM
  RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-21-07 09:20 AM, #1
RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Keith2172, May-21-07 10:00 AM, #2
      RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Diceman19, May-21-07 10:40 AM, #3
      RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, WickedESi, May-21-07 12:43 PM, #4
           RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Adam Hahn, May-21-07 03:20 PM, #5
                RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, TeamDR1665, May-21-07 05:31 PM, #6
                RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Moderatorcs82685, May-21-07 05:35 PM, #7
                     RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, ez, May-21-07 06:57 PM, #8
                          RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Adam Hahn, May-21-07 07:08 PM, #9
                          RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, TeamDR1665, May-22-07 03:18 AM, #11
                          RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, totaleclipse_05, May-21-07 07:10 PM, #10
                               RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, TeamAvenger, May-22-07 07:24 AM, #12
                                    RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, goalie40, May-23-07 02:00 PM, #13
RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, dalesmitsu, May-24-07 08:33 AM #14
RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Moderatormicyek, May-31-07 09:23 AM, #15
RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, projectrsna, Aug-25-07 09:43 AM, #16
RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, Fallen4ng31, Sep-05-07 06:03 AM, #17
      RE: A Sad Ending for the Hahn RS, link16, Nov-01-07 05:31 AM, #18

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20814 Previous topic | Next topic