Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6312
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 pt eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
neon11Jan-01-18 06:39 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2013
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6312, "2.4 pt eclipse"

we oval track race a 97 eclipse 420a, blue up the 2.0 got an idea, 02 pt cruiser 2.4 lower end, with the 2.0 420a reverced head. longer stroke, and t belt but, same fireing order, cam/crank sensor, with i forgot # head gasket, went together fine. cams are the oppsite on the eclipse but,thats when i noticed cam line ups were diff. ,and when lined up for each motor, lobes were in totaly diff. positions. again same fireing order, i set the t belt like the 2.0 eclipse. has comp, spark, inj. power, and ground pulse spinning over, when it fires i loose ground pulse in #1 and #2, #3 and #4 still have pulse. i dont have a timing lt. but i marked the crank, and had a spark tester on #1 spinning it over it looked like the crank mark was a quater turn past the lt. flash. does the relutor fire the sensor diff on the 2.4 i also noticed even though reverced, eclipse cam sensor being on the exhaust, insted of intake on pt. when both cams are lined correctly to there motors, the cam magnet is a 1/4 turn counter clockwise on the eclipse. ground and moved it a 1/4, wouldent start at all. please can some one help, thanks. neon11

johnnyr

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

2.4 pt eclipse [View all] , neon11, Jan-01-18 06:39 PM
  RE: 2.4 pt eclipse, bluespunk, Mar-09-17 03:14 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6312 Previous topic | Next topic