Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #561
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Feb-15-02 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#562, "RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!"
In response to In response to 0

Removing everything you can (items that are not a chore to do) from the car, like the spare, jack, tools, books, speaker equipment, and running on a 1/4 tank or less of gas (at least 5.5 lbs per gallon), you might see a tenth and change in the 1/8th mile.

You shouldn't run the heavy rims and tires. Use your stock setup (or a nice set of RS aloys if you can pick some up dirt cheap) and you'll go a tenth or two (in the 1/8th) faster.

Also, as crazy as this sounds, replace the rear shocks, but keep the blown front ones. Try it and see what happens, you might be suprised. (it's another one of my crazy ideas, I can explain if you want)

And, did you install the UD pulley AFTER running at the drag strip? I can't imagine if you had the pulley on, why you'd take it off.

Get an extention for the AEM and make it a cold air setup,that warm air short setup you have isn't helping.

Most importantly, keep practicing. Keep that wheelspin down to a minimum at the line. I was hitting about 10.7 or so in the 1/8th (I've always raced in the 1/4, but of course they post the 1/8th as well on the slip) the first time I went racing, now I've just barely gotten into 9's, so you'll get there with the right setup and practice.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP! [View all] , that_cool_guy18, Feb-15-02 08:20 AM
  RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, ModeratorVX100, Feb-15-02 08:45 AM #1
RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, that_cool_guy18, Feb-15-02 09:33 AM, #2
      RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, that_cool_guy18, Feb-15-02 10:01 AM, #3
           RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, ModeratorVX100, Feb-16-02 11:56 AM, #4
                RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, that_cool_guy18, Feb-16-02 05:01 PM, #5
                     RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, that_cool_guy18, Feb-17-02 04:02 AM, #6
                          RE: my times are embarrasing and i cant spell...HELP!, ModeratorVX100, Feb-18-02 01:35 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #561 Previous topic | Next topic