Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5586
View in linear mode

Subject: "back to the track, out of practice" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100May-05-07 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5586, "back to the track, out of practice"

Finally I got a chance to race again at new england dragway last night. Naturally, on the first day back my launching needed a LITTLE work. Reaction times were pretty good but the runs were nothing to write home about.

The first run was against a grand am (V6 probably) and even though I spun off the line, i had a very good reaction time and got a solid win.

Second run was versus a chevy pickup. He got the jump on me as I spun at the line. I had to put the clutch in, let off, and get back on it but I pulled past him without much trouble.

Third run was against a new civic Si, so I knew it would be a challenge as I am still a few horse power short of a new Si civic. I get the better light with 2/10ths of a second better reaction time and I had about the same 60' time so I got the jump on him.

I run out 1st gear and keep my distance. I hit second and he starts to slowly pull in, but by about the 1/8th mile I still have a hald car length on him.

I hit 3rd gear and now he starts to pull, he had me by a car length at the 1000' mark and kept pulling. Too much top end for me and I was about 3 car lenghts behind at the end of the run, about 3/10ths of a second slower overall with reaction time, but his 1/4 mile was a half second faster. Overall not a bad run, but only a 15.6 1/4 mile. I need more practice. (and more mods... and more tuning...)

A 60mm throttle body is going in tomorrow. It took it's sweet time getting here, that's for sure but that might help at least a tiny bit. eh, it's good to get some wrench time anyway. Then I have to actually get around to figuring out the megasquirt.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

back to the track, out of practice [View all] , ModeratorVX100, May-05-07 12:53 PM
  RE: back to the track, out of practice, TeamDR1665, May-07-07 05:05 AM, #1
RE: back to the track, out of practice, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-07-07 07:16 AM, #2
RE: back to the track, out of practice, ModeratorVX100, May-17-07 05:19 PM, #3
      RE: back to the track, out of practice, TeamAvenger, May-17-07 10:03 PM, #4
           RE: back to the track, out of practice, jack_of_trades, May-19-07 06:53 AM, #5
RE: back to the track, out of practice, yzrider, Apr-10-08 06:53 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5586 Previous topic | Next topic