Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4997
View in linear mode

Subject: "Another racing season come and gone" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderator992gntOct-20-05 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4997, "Another racing season come and gone"

Like last year, I thought I would recap the years' racing results.

Starting with Solo2 (auto-x), I won ESP this year, after finishing second last year by a handful of points. I clinched the class with an event to go this year, so I threw on some mods and moved up to Street Mod to see how I will fare in the class next year. I got some Hoosiers for the event (actually came off of the Sparco Evo) and cleaned up. I had a friend co-drive with me and we finished one-two. Next year should be pretty interesting.

I only got to do one track event this year, and it was at Putnam Park again. This year I got moved into the Advanced class, which I wasn't expecting. I have to admit, I was a little nervous at first being on track with the most experienced drivers in attendance. As it turned out, I didn't need to worry. I was no slower than mid pack all weekend, and passed PLENTY of fast cars. In fact, I pushed a guy in a new Noble M400 hard enough to make him almost spin - twice - in the same corner - on the same lap. He could only pull about a car length on me over the length of the front straight (2200'). Not too bad considering the Noble is 425hp twin turbo v6.

Lastly, the car did make a few trips to the dragstrip this year. Since last year I've added cams, ic piping, a Hallman mbc, and alcohol injection. The car is still not running quite right - spark blowout at 25psi, factory boost cut kicks in just before that (think fuel cut), and the car has HORRIBLE timing numbers. With all these excuses, the car still ran a 12.4@110 last weekend complete with a 1.67 60' time on Sumitomo HTR all season tires. The mods should be enough for 113-115 mph traps and 11.9's with a good launch and decent driving. I'm working on the tuning to hopefully pick the timing up and get my mph back to where it's supposed to be.

That's my story, any one else have a busy summer of racing?

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Another racing season come and gone [View all] , Moderator992gnt, Oct-20-05 02:24 PM
  RE: Another racing season come and gone, reeveso, Oct-20-05 05:51 PM, #1
RE: Another racing season come and gone, TeamAvenger, Oct-21-05 08:11 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4997 Previous topic | Next topic