Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1250
View in linear mode

Subject: "update from FSAE racing in detroit" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100May-17-02 02:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1250, "update from FSAE racing in detroit"

it's about racing, so I'm taking the liberty to post it here

I've been in Detroit for the past few days at the Formula SAE competition (college students build a racecar for autocross and race it against 100+ schools from around the world, like England, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, South america...) I help out with Brown University's FSAE team.

Well, 130 schools showed up. So far it's going well. The weather has co-operated so there's beenlots of good racing. I've seen some seriously talanted autocross drivers out here, they'd give almost anyone in SCCA a run for their money!

Well, in the event that I wanted the team to do best in (and what I helped train people for and practice in, since I can't drive in it), the acceleration event, we did extremly well. (it's a drag race essentially, so I wanted us to do well in it!).

Our car has taken 5th place in the acceleration event (the event is a drag race, only 75 yards long, or 225 feet, but still fun) and ran it in 4.21 seconds. The fastest car ran it in 4.02 seconds! That's some pretty fast times. Our car weighs 495 lbs with about 80 or so HP, so the power to weight ratio is quite good

For autocross we were at least 20th place (out of 100+ schools) but we don't know the exact time yet, but our best run was clean (no cones) so we'll probably do better than that.

Next is the endurance race (a 20+ lap autocross,essentially) we should do well. I'll post more later,but I doubt I'll get a chance before tuesday.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1250 Previous topic | Next topic