Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #980
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Alpline Type R series..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSDec-12-01 11:48 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#983, "RE: Alpline Type R series..."
In response to In response to 2

Well you could always buy a pre made box, but if you go that route, i would do a sealed box. If you want a ported box, have that custom built for you, to match the sub, because the ported box has to be designed (airspace, port diameter and length) properly to sound right. A sealed box is more "forgiving" when it comes to airspace the sub needs. Generally, a ported box is said to be 3 decibels louder than a sealed, and you said you want spl, so i would go that route. A custom built ported box might run anywhere from 85-175 bucks, but well worth it. You might even be able to find a premade ported box that you can cut the port to the needed length...Which model exactly are you looking at? Check out this link http://www.alpine1.com/html/D2_n_1_n_n.html
It gives a sealed box volume, but i do have a box building program on my computer if you need some ported box specs. Let me know..I'll have to check if my program has the specs for this sub in it..Opps, well it looks like the site has the Thiele-Small parameters in it, so i could plug in those specs in my program to give you a ported box size if you like.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Alpline Type R series... [View all] , iamnotwhoiam, Dec-12-01 01:56 AM
  RE: Alpline Type R series..., TeamXtremeRS, Dec-12-01 11:04 AM, #1
RE: Alpline Type R series..., iamnotwhoiam, Dec-12-01 11:20 AM, #2
      RE: Alpline Type R series..., TeamXtremeRS, Dec-12-01 11:48 AM #3
           RE: Alpline Type R series..., iamnotwhoiam, Dec-12-01 12:00 PM, #4
                RE: Alpline Type R series..., TeamXtremeRS, Dec-12-01 12:12 PM, #5
                     RE: Alpline Type R series..., TeamXtremeRS, Dec-12-01 12:21 PM, #6
                     RE: Alpline Type R series..., iamnotwhoiam, Dec-12-01 12:22 PM, #7
                          RE: Alpline Type R series..., TeamXtremeRS, Dec-12-01 12:48 PM, #8
                               RE: Alpline Type R series..., iamnotwhoiam, Dec-12-01 01:54 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #980 Previous topic | Next topic