Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9710
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Which way to face sub(s)?" Previous topic | Next topic
Baseballer02Sep-08-04 05:12 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2004
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9714, "RE: Which way to face sub(s)?"
In response to In response to 2

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
first...dont be obnoxious with the bass. no one likes loud rattly cars, especially when its done intentionally. now to answer your question, lol. the loudest will come from facing the box backwards and as close to the back as you can get it without having the sub hit anything. this is called "slot" or "corner" loading. because of the small confines when waves emerge from the driver, they better align with each other rather than dispersing and bouncing all over the place leading to deconstructive wave interaction. next best is up and as far back as it will go. after that is up and forward in the cabin, next is facing forward and pushed back, and last if facing forward and forward in the cabin. i did a lot of experimenting with this. edit: oh yea...for the taillight rattle, disasemble the trunk a bit and feel/listen to find out what is rattling. use a thin piece of carpet/fabric/foam/anything soft to slip inbetween the two pieces. i havnt found a fix for the wiper rattle besides removing it.

I'm not doing it to be completely obnoxious. I'm doing mostly to impress friend/coworkers and such. The rattling is coming from the bottom of my center taillight and the wiper. How do I remove the rear wiper? 'Cuz it's not working anyhow.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Which way to face sub(s)? [View all] , Baseballer02, Sep-08-04 07:58 AM
  RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, mrj82, Sep-08-04 01:35 PM, #1
RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-08-04 02:33 PM, #2
      RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, Baseballer02, Sep-08-04 05:12 PM #3
           RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, AndrewESi_T, Sep-08-04 08:39 PM, #4
                RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, BumpinTalon, Sep-09-04 09:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, AndrewESi_T, Sep-10-04 01:58 AM, #6
                          RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, mrj82, Sep-11-04 05:55 PM, #7
                               RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-11-04 08:15 PM, #8
                                    RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, mrj82, Sep-11-04 09:47 PM, #9
                                         RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, BumpinTalon, Sep-12-04 04:36 PM, #10
                                              RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, mrj82, Sep-13-04 12:08 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, Blmet, Sep-29-04 03:15 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, RSClipse9d7, Oct-06-04 09:41 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Which way to face sub(s)?, Sorry_i_Win, Oct-12-04 02:05 AM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9710 Previous topic | Next topic