Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8274
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Foam instead of MDF" Previous topic | Next topic
420AYEJun-29-04 09:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9369, "RE: Foam instead of MDF"
In response to In response to 29
Jun-29-04 09:11 AM by 420AYE

Originally posted by etx
Wanna save weight? Don't put ghey shit in your car.

ill assume ur not talking to me. i don't have anything on my car.

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
i would reply with the reason it will not work as well as MDF but after your ingnorant reply 420aye i wont bother...what the hell do know i hit 135 DB with 2 10's and 300w 10years ago when i ran competition. Do what you want and give it a try.....while your at it try using a fuggin bucket and some liquid nails i bet that is one hell of an idea too. God your a a$$ lately, get a hooker and get a piece already.

ok. i'll use a bucket. thats exactly like fiberglass and foam. Apparently you know a bucket and liquid nails doesn't work. was that your pic i saw a while back? (I, AM, KIDDING.)

SERIOUSLY. I'm sorry if im hurting all your feelers, but EVERYONE knows MDF is proven. Here is a god damn tissue. But why would you try to prove it to me again? Personally, i'll be buying an MDF bandpassbox here shortly. Whats your point? Please, i'd like to know. NOONE knew for sure what some foam and mdf could do, and refused to give it a chance. Call me an ass, cuz I tend to be one when people are completely out of context(AKA BLONDE). Ask yourinmymirror95gs. We are nothing but assholes to eachother, yet we are pretty much best friends even though he doesn't live near me anymore. Either don't let it bother you or hate me, I don't really care. Its the internet, and I don't need, "e-buddies" like you to approve anything I do. I have my own, REAL friends, as I'm sure you do too. I just don't see why everyone is so determined to prove that peoples ideas won't work, BEFORE EVEN SEEING ANY FACTS, and STILL are ignorant to the fact that it works, AFTER it has been proven. There are pictures on this forum. Why don't you help out for a change?

Everyone else knows so much more than me. Maybe its true, I am not an audio expert, nor an expert in anything related to cars. While we are showing off with numbers and such, I honestly could go down the road, go to my dad's local hardware store, pick up a bunch of MDF for cheaper than you ever could get it(next to nothing if not free) and build a box that would be just as good as yours, if not better. This topic isn't about how much you know about MDF. The topic is: "Foam instead of MDF". Not why MDF is better and how stupid of an idea it is. When a post is made in efforts to explore new ideas and possibilites, there is no need for you to give any negative remarks or alternatives. This reminds me of the catholics and galileo. Stereotype anyone? Again, MDF is proven, and im sure if he wanted to he could make a box out of one. He made it already with a FOAM FRONT on his fiberglass enclosure and it works. Yes, I said foam, and yes, it works. I won't throw any insults. Doesn't belong here. Lots of people on this board, even myself have a tendency to reverse engineer the problem instead of solving it. But, it just isn't relevant. nuff said.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Foam instead of MDF [View all] , extreme97nt, Mar-01-04 01:10 PM
  RE: Foam instead of MDF, CrazyEclipse, Mar-01-04 04:23 PM, #1
RE: Foam instead of MDF, extreme97nt, Mar-01-04 04:42 PM, #2
      RE: Foam instead of MDF, sek95GS, Mar-02-04 05:21 AM, #3
           RE: Foam instead of MDF, extreme97nt, Mar-02-04 05:56 AM, #4
                RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Mar-02-04 06:24 AM, #5
                     RE: Foam instead of MDF, WickedESi, Mar-02-04 06:41 AM, #6
                          RE: Foam instead of MDF, sek95GS, Mar-02-04 07:05 AM, #7
                               RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Mar-02-04 07:29 AM, #8
                                    RE: Foam instead of MDF, sek95GS, Mar-02-04 07:45 AM, #9
                                         RE: Foam instead of MDF, extreme97nt, Mar-02-04 08:14 AM, #10
                                              RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Mar-02-04 11:21 AM, #11
                                              RE: Foam instead of MDF, extreme97nt, Mar-02-04 11:55 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Mar-02-04 02:24 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Foam instead of MDF, js99rs, May-07-04 02:43 PM, #14
                                              RE: Foam instead of MDF, GST tuner1388, Jun-23-04 08:25 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-24-04 07:43 PM, #16
                                                        RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Jun-25-04 03:43 AM, #17
                                                             RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-26-04 03:44 PM, #18
                                                                  RE: Foam instead of MDF, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-26-04 03:52 PM, #19
                                                                       RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-27-04 12:41 PM, #20
                                                                            RE: Foam instead of MDF, SPL_Eclipse, Jun-27-04 03:22 PM, #21
                                                                                 RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Jun-27-04 04:02 PM, #22
                                                                                      RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-27-04 05:28 PM, #23
                                                                                           RE: Foam instead of MDF, a_miller_76, Jun-27-04 05:46 PM, #24
                                                                                                RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-27-04 05:52 PM, #25
                                                                                                RE: Foam instead of MDF, extreme97nt, Jun-28-04 02:26 AM, #26
                                                                                                     RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-28-04 07:08 AM, #27
                                                                                                          RE: Foam instead of MDF, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-28-04 10:22 PM, #28
                                                                                                               RE: Foam instead of MDF, Teametx, Jun-29-04 06:06 AM, #29
                                                                                                                    RE: Foam instead of MDF, 420AYE, Jun-29-04 09:09 AM #30

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8274 Previous topic | Next topic