Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7756
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk" Previous topic | Next topic
CrazyEclipseDec-11-03 01:58 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7801, "RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk"
In response to In response to 8

Before I answer these, I personally did not do the work, I only said what I wanted, and my installer did the rest.
Answers:
- How much did you need for supplies
For all of the materials minus the audio components, it was approximatly $700 That includes all the wires (0 gauge power/ground wires, speaker), RCA's (monster), MDF, liquid nails, vinal, ditrubution blocks, battery terminals, ect.
- Was it hard to fabricate
I dont think it was too hard for him to do, but all I wanted was a few things and he could think something crazy up.... wanted the top trim panel to go below the access panels to the taillights, subs closer than the amps, and just overall clean finish. His idea of the trim panel 1 piece just happened by accident, it was supposed to be 3 pieces, 1 looks so much better.
- Is the design pretty basic (Structurally)
The design of the box is pretty basic, the CD changer is screwed into the side of the box for the subs, cap is also screwed into the box and the amps and built on top of an extesnion of the box, so the whole setup is one piece.
- Did you follow a template for the top part where your subs and amps are mounted
The trim piece fits right over the changer, cap, subs, and amps
- Do you still have access to your spare (If not I really don't need it.. modern age.. we all have cell phones)
Definatly no access to the spare tire compartment unless one would pull out the 200 pound setup and disconnect the wires
Major props on your system all together tho.. and the fact that you are a girl and so knowledgable about this I give you even more props because there aren't many girls around my way that know what you know
Thanks Eventually I would like to go to school to do this kind of work. Taking classes isnt too expensive, its just the location. I do know a lot about audio in general, but nothing too intense.

It is for sale...

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk [View all] , EclipseTenzoR, Dec-06-03 07:16 PM
  RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, WickedESi, Dec-07-03 03:50 AM, #1
RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, injendsm, Dec-07-03 05:29 AM, #2
      RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, WickedESi, Dec-07-03 07:51 AM, #3
           RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, injendsm, Dec-07-03 08:03 AM, #4
                RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, CrazyEclipse, Dec-08-03 05:30 AM, #5
                RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, WickedESi, Dec-08-03 11:06 AM, #6
                     RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, Ozzmosis86, Dec-08-03 04:43 PM, #7
                          RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, EclipseTenzoR, Dec-10-03 09:15 AM, #8
                               RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, EclipseTenzoR, Dec-10-03 10:23 AM, #9
                               RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, Shockeclipse, Dec-10-03 10:46 PM, #10
                               RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, EclipseTenzoR, Dec-11-03 01:01 AM, #11
                                    RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, WickedESi, Dec-11-03 05:45 AM, #12
                               RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, CrazyEclipse, Dec-11-03 02:03 PM, #14
                               RE: Need Help With System Setup Idea In Trunk, CrazyEclipse, Dec-11-03 01:58 PM #13

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7756 Previous topic | Next topic