Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6279
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: What amp should I get???" Previous topic | Next topic
SPL_EclipseJul-08-03 11:53 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6549, "RE: What amp should I get???"
In response to In response to 5

^^^^^i concure 100%...that JBL is a killer amp and has proven itself reliable.

do you plan this install to merely be for show? or should it be functional as well? if you want it to sound good, you might want to reconsider your plan. i see 2 things that will affect your sound in a negative way: the first is the location of the subs. putting them smack dab in the middle of the car is just asking for phasing and cancellation issues. i actually tried it once and found that if they MUST be in the rear-seat area, they will sound best firing towards the rear and worst firing forward.

the second thing that could negativly impact the SQ is the fact that you are using two different types of subs of two different sizes. more is not always better. while the pairing will re-inforce each other at certain frequencies, they will also cause some cancellation at others, resulting in a really notchy frequency responce graph. you would be better off just picking either the 10"s or the 12"s and stick to just one pair. then focus your attention on getting the airspace and box perfected for those subs rather than building two enclosures that are only passable.

sorry, i know you didnt ask for a critique, but i thought i would just give you some suggestions based on my own personal experience. i would hate for you to spend a lot of time and effort only to have it sound crappy. all in all thogu, the project sounds awesome and i cant wait to see the finished results!!!

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What amp should I get??? [View all] , Aggression, May-31-03 04:05 PM
  RE: What amp should I get???, cool_g_83, May-31-03 09:44 PM, #1
RE: What amp should I get???, Aggression, Jun-04-03 11:29 AM, #2
      RE: What amp should I get???, dudasd, Jun-04-03 12:49 PM, #3
           RE: What amp should I get???, Aggression, Jun-05-03 05:21 PM, #4
                RE: What amp should I get???, develitate, Jul-07-03 11:10 PM, #5
                     RE: What amp should I get???, SPL_Eclipse, Jul-08-03 11:53 AM #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6279 Previous topic | Next topic