Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5521
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Mids??" Previous topic | Next topic
oldirtydillonMar-07-03 07:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5537, "RE: Mids??"
In response to In response to 6

I've just finished putting a MM6 Polk/MOMO component set in my 95, and i must say it was very easy and the sound is great. I removed the factory door speakers, and removed them from the speaker mounts. The polk almost fits right in without any modding, but I had to cut out the grill that surrounds the hole in the back of the mount. The polk then fit in snug and the magnet cover on it sits so that it seals off the hole that was left after cutting. I then cut off the starburst plastic pieces that guard against someone kicking the door grill in, and painted the grill black. Ran the wires through the factory wire channels and mounted the crossovers behind the sidewalls of the lower console. I then removed and gutted the factory dash speakers. You can easily remove the grill and just rip out the speaker. I remember having to remove two or so phillips head screws that secured the magnet to the housing. After that, you are left with a perfect mount for the polk tweeters. I removed the momo grill on the tweeter, hot glued the tweeter in place, and then re-aplied the factory grill to the housing(after I painted it black for effect). The red of the dome tweeter contrasts perfectly with the black of the grill. Also, for effect, I reapplied the "MOMO" insignia that was glued to the momo grill of the tweeter. Now you have a polk tweeter which will mount perfectly in the factory location. These are running off an Alpine v12 80x2 amp. I am very pleased with the results.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mids?? [View all] , fasterGS, Mar-05-03 05:32 PM
  RE: Mids??, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-05-03 05:45 PM, #1
RE: Mids??, fasterGS, Mar-05-03 05:57 PM, #2
      RE: Mids??, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-05-03 06:14 PM, #3
           RE: Mids??, audiophyl, Mar-07-03 04:31 PM, #4
                RE: Mids??, jerseystyle1, Mar-07-03 05:13 PM, #5
                     RE: Mids??, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-07-03 06:47 PM, #6
                          RE: Mids??, jerseystyle1, Mar-07-03 07:30 PM, #7
                          RE: Mids??, EclipseTical, Mar-13-03 07:55 AM, #13
                          RE: Mids??, oldirtydillon, Mar-07-03 07:43 PM #8
                          RE: Mids??, audiophyl, Mar-09-03 05:50 PM, #9
                               RE: Mids??, fasterGS, Mar-09-03 06:10 PM, #10
                                    RE: Mids??, audiophyl, Mar-09-03 06:21 PM, #11
                                         RE: Mids??, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-09-03 07:15 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5521 Previous topic | Next topic