Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2820
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Problem with cigerette outlet" Previous topic | Next topic
Blk95TalonJun-09-02 10:39 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2820, "Problem with cigerette outlet"

Hey, I posted this here figuring you guys do the most with our electrical systems.

I use an inverter in my car to power a computer normally without a problem. I was going down the shore and my cell phone battery was dead and the only charger I have for it was a normal wall outlet one. I left my computer at home and used the inverter for my cell phone charger. When first plugged in, the phone said charging. About 30 min later I looked at it and it didnt say that anymore. the light on the inverter wasnt comming on either. First thing i assume is the inverter was dead. To test i tried using the cigerette lighter and it wouldnt even get warm. I check my fuses according to my manual and find the fuse for my outlet and sure enough its blown. I bought a cheepo pack of fuses on the boardwalk and replace it with a identical rated fuse. I tried to use the lighter again and still no go. What else can i do?

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Problem with cigerette outlet [View all] , Blk95Talon, Jun-09-02 10:39 PM
  RE: Problem with cigerette outlet, iamnotwhoiam, Jun-10-02 04:46 AM, #1
RE: Problem with cigerette outlet, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Jun-10-02 05:22 AM, #2
RE: Problem with cigerette outlet, Blk95Talon, Jun-10-02 06:37 AM, #3
RE: Problem with cigerette outlet, Blk95Talon, Jun-10-02 10:28 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2820 Previous topic | Next topic