Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2386
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Uh Oh!" Previous topic | Next topic
97_ESiApr-29-02 12:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2386, "Uh Oh!"

Alright I was fixing my car and working in the back were I got 2 10" Rockford DVC subs. They are sweet subs and all. I was listening to music rather quiet and I noticed only one sub was doing anything. The subs are fairly old (3 years) but can still pump BUT I was just wondering how long I have been running only one sub. No matter what I tried only one sub would play (the car wasn't started but I doubt that would matter) According to the guy who installed them for me they are VERY hard to blow. I have never abused them and have never turned the subs up so they *sneeze* or distort or anything. But like I said before, only one is pumping. Is there any possibility that wires or something came loose somewhere to make only one sub work, or something on my amp??

The only problem I had is a fuse blew once that controls my map lights and stereo. But it has since been replaced.

I don't know much about audio - my brother bought the subs, amp and deck for me. And I never EVER heard when playing them a bang, static or smoke coming off them that would lead me to believe I blew one.

Any ideas?

I can't remember how powerful my amp is but I think 1000watts and its PPI. I got a JVC Deck - specifically this one: http://www.jvc.ca/en/consumer/product-detail.asp?model=KD-SX870
Subs and Amp are 3 years old, deck is less than a year. (same with the install - subs and amp transferred from my brothers car)

-----------------
1997 Eagle Talon ESi
Check out more pictures here: http://mikelaidlaw.tripod.com

MODS
-----
Blitz Front Bumper - Invader Type 1 Side Skirts - 17" Gunmetal Motegi MR7's - Final Drive Gear Mod - H&R Lowering Springs - 97 Eclipse Headlights - Taillight Mods - Interior Colouring/Lighting/Accessories - Stereo - Intake Filter, Plugs and Wires

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Uh Oh! [View all] , 97_ESi, Apr-29-02 12:45 PM
  RE: Uh Oh!, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-29-02 01:54 PM, #1
RE: Uh Oh!, 97_ESi, Apr-29-02 01:58 PM, #2
RE: Uh Oh!, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-29-02 02:03 PM, #3
RE: Uh Oh!, 97_ESi, Apr-29-02 02:18 PM, #4
RE: Uh Oh!, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-29-02 02:36 PM, #5
RE: Uh Oh!, 97_ESi, Apr-29-02 03:11 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #2386 Previous topic | Next topic