Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13136
View in linear mode

Subject: "Issue with aftermarket stereo" Previous topic | Next topic
smallz8Sep-19-11 12:14 PM
Member since Sep 19th 2011
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13136, "Issue with aftermarket stereo"

Specs:

98 Eclipse RS
JVC KDHDR60

Prblms:

First, the cigarette lighter stopped working (not sure if that has anything to do with stereo)...Then the radio started shutting itself off...We have replaced the stereo (orig was a kenwood), then replaced wiring harness to connect JVC deck, re-soldered the connections, and put shrink tube around them for protection. Double checked the wiring further down to make sure there weren't any interferences in the connection, all look good. The radio seem to work for a few days, but went back to randomly shutting itself off. At first disconnecting the battery for 10 min would help it reset and function properly. Now it wont work at all.

I have run out of patience at this point in regards to finding a solution. I would appreciate any suggestions to this issue as I HATE driving w/o tunes. Feel free to post here or email me since I am on the go all day.

Thnx :0)
(smallz.sgm@gmail.com)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Issue with aftermarket stereo [View all] , smallz8, Sep-19-11 12:14 PM
  RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-19-11 12:21 PM, #1
RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo, Moderatorteklein, Sep-19-11 12:22 PM, #2
RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo, smallz8, Sep-19-11 03:17 PM, #3
RE: Issue with aftermarket stereo, smallz8, Sep-21-11 12:19 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13136 Previous topic | Next topic