Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13069
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor" Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dMay-04-10 04:32 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13069, "Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor"

I bought a 3G Eclipse a few years back that came with a Clifford car alarm. This thing has been acting up lately, and most recently it wouldn't let the car start, and was making some weird chirps and such. I don't know much about it, but it seems it might be a good idea to just disable it until I can get it looked at or replaced.

Under the steering column it has a duplex piezo sensor, which has an adjustible knob on it. I imagine this is a sensitivity adjustment of some sort? What exactly does this do? Should I simply adjust it to see if the problem goes away?

If I remove the fuses that go to the battery for the alarm, the car still will not start. So I also assume it has some form of ignition kill switch somewhere.

Anyways, any insight from the Car Alarm guru's would be helpful.

I can peer around under the hood to get any more details if you need.

Thanks,

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor [View all] , .bs0d, May-04-10 04:32 PM
  RE: Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor, Slo2g, May-05-10 11:56 AM, #1
RE: Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor, .bs0d, May-05-10 12:00 PM, #2
      RE: Clifford Duplex Piezo Sensor, Slo2g, May-05-10 11:03 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13069 Previous topic | Next topic