Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13045
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where to tap for CB radio power?" Previous topic | Next topic
nicho919Jul-29-09 03:06 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2009
93 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13045, "Where to tap for CB radio power?"

I am planning on running a CB radio under my Pioneer head unit, in the factory "crap cubby". I am wondering where to tap power. Finding a ground is easy. It's finding the 12v that sucks, and I'm not really trying to run the shit all the way to the fuse box. I have 16ga scotch locks, some 16 ga wire, and 4 feet of wire attached to the cb radio. Any help would be appreciated. I am also wondering where to mount what kind of antenna to make it sort of not look like shit (my old truck had the antenna cable run out of the door at the bottom, up behind the truck cab, to the window, and looked like dookey). I don't really want to drill holes in the body, but I don't know if I can tuck it up in to the headliner, run it up between the sunroof weather stripping and out the top to the antenna, or if I have to drill.

If this post makes no sense, that's because it's 5:05 am, and I've been slaving away for 12 hours on my friend's diff in his trans am. 10 bolt to 9 inch swaps are a bitch.

I'm broke, it's broken. I'm broke because it's broken. It's broken because I'm broke.

Simplicity Car Club - Founding Member

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Where to tap for CB radio power? [View all] , nicho919, Jul-29-09 03:06 AM
  RE: Where to tap for CB radio power?, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-29-09 12:52 PM, #1
RE: Where to tap for CB radio power?, nicho919, Jul-29-09 03:50 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13045 Previous topic | Next topic