Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13035
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Preventing Audio Theft" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinSep-30-09 06:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13049, "RE: Preventing Audio Theft"
In response to In response to 10

To protect a CD changer and sub box, I used 1/4" braided steel cable to connect them both to a hole available in the sheet metal of the rear strut tower. I looped the strut tower end of the cable with a saddle type clamp with jam nuts. You need two wrenches of the same size to undo the nuts. The cable ran through two holes I drilled in the case of the changer. The cable terminated in another loop with saddle type clamp and jam nuts. This was attached to the sub box by means of a U-bolt with nuts on the inside of the box (you need to remove the speaker to get at the nuts). The sub box was also screwed down to the spare tire cover with about 8 little screws in angle brackets. Braided steel cable is good because it is hard to cut with wire cutters or tin snips (the strands just move out of the way). You need a hacksaw to cut it. When my car got broken into years ago, they took everything else, but gave up on the sub and changer. There were all kinds of cuts in the rubber cover of the cable where they had tried different tools, but just couldn't get it. I did something similar for a friends Jeep that had a couple head units stolen. I cabled it to the body under the dash. It was broken into again, but they didn't get the head unit. It will at least delay them. Every minute spent brings them closer to being caught.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Preventing Audio Theft [View all] , 740 turbo brick, Jun-29-09 01:02 PM
  RE: Preventing Audio Theft, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-29-09 04:14 PM, #1
RE: Preventing Audio Theft, Nightfall, Jun-29-09 08:02 PM, #2
      RE: Preventing Audio Theft, whtclipse98, Jun-30-09 02:30 PM, #3
           RE: Preventing Audio Theft, 740 turbo brick, Jun-30-09 10:56 PM, #4
                RE: Preventing Audio Theft, Nightfall, Jul-01-09 02:21 AM, #5
                RE: Preventing Audio Theft, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-01-09 10:29 AM, #6
                     RE: Preventing Audio Theft, 740 turbo brick, Jul-01-09 03:11 PM, #7
                          RE: Preventing Audio Theft, whtclipse98, Jul-01-09 04:16 PM, #8
                               RE: Preventing Audio Theft, 740 turbo brick, Jul-01-09 10:21 PM, #9
                                    RE: Preventing Audio Theft, def_98gs, Sep-05-09 12:06 AM, #10
                                         RE: Preventing Audio Theft, ModeratorCorbin, Sep-30-09 06:28 PM #11

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #13035 Previous topic | Next topic