Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12574
View in linear mode

Subject: "Power door locks problem / No click from either relay" Previous topic | Next topic
xxataxxNov-04-06 09:52 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2006
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12574, "Power door locks problem / No click from either relay"

Hey,
I usually post on dmsforums.com, but decided to come here for this:
('99 GS w/ factory keyless)
I have an aftermarket alarm that was was installed correctly, except for the door trigger inputs. Going back to fix the inputs, I accidentaly crossed one of the lock/unlock control wires to a +12V source for a few seconds. It blew a fuse and even after replacing the fuse, I have no control whatsoever of any of the power locks. When I push the switches, no clicking comes from either relay.

When I unplug them and then plug them back, they click momentarily and also by random chance I discovered that if I unlock the doors and then quickly pull the harness from the factory keyless module, the doors will lock. If I unplug the harness from the relay behind the stereo and wait a few seconds and plug it back in, the driver side door locks then if i remove it again it tries to unlock the door but dosen't get all the way.

The alarm is also unable to lock the doors when I arm the system aswell. In a schematic that I read, the brn/brn-white wires enter the etacs-ecu. could I have burned that by accident? Also, If anyone knows the pin-out's on the relays that i should check and their spec output, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,
Chris

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Power door locks problem / No click from either relay [View all] , xxataxx, Nov-04-06 09:52 AM
  RE: Power door locks problem / No click from either relay, xxataxx, Nov-07-06 03:46 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12574 Previous topic | Next topic