Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12552
View in linear mode

Subject: "wiring amp plz help" Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiOct-12-06 12:19 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12552, "wiring amp plz help"
Oct-12-06 12:34 PM by bokchoi

Hey everyone,
Havnt posted for quite some time. Mainly because I've been having a real bad couple of weeks...amp/sub got stolen, alternator belt shredded off, and school (always sucks). Well, I bought a new 4 channel audiobahn amp and wanted to powerup my front speakers but nothing is working so far. So heres what I did: Power, ground, battery were all hooked in correctly. RCA to low input (line in). I wanted to test the amp out by powering the left front speaker but nothing came up. I'm still new at this but I dont mind the criticism from you guys, I only learn from it. I got the schematics here:

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Mitsubishi-Wiring.pdf

So I spliced the left front speaker + and - and hooked it up to the first channel, assuming its the white w/ blue stripe for positive and black w/blue stripe is negative. These are the wires connected to the white harness. But I'm not getting any sound at all. However, I am getting a little distortion once in awhile. I cut the white and white w/ black stripe so that they are not connected to the radio anymore. These are the wires connected to the black harness, to the radio. I really hope someone can enlighten me on what my problem is...having a miserable day but want to at least get this done, thanks

p.s. the amp and rca cables (monster) are brand new so they should be okay. And am I suppose to turn off the factory amp some how?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12552 Previous topic | Next topic