Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12493
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Alternator Whine help. Heavily researched." Previous topic | Next topic
DSMTalonSep-13-06 04:26 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2005
267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12494, "RE: Alternator Whine help. Heavily researched."
In response to In response to 0

i dunno on here... i know a little about stereos and systems and whatnot...but you gotta be picking up the noise in the signal wire and that amplifier wiring...sounds like youre creating some sort of magnetic fields or something in the car. dont quote me on it or not (pick up a copy of the Car stereo cookbook by Mark Rumreich ISBN: 0070580839, or the newer edition) but that explains a lot about noise in stereos. anyway i think you should try and simplify your stereo wiring, it sounds like youve over complicated your power/ground distribution.. in my particular case im running a SONY XM-2200GTX hooked to a pair of type R DVC 12" alpines., with another 500 watt sony xplod amp for the components.. but i have it all run off of 2awg wire off the battery to a distribution block in the trim panel by the driver rear speaker..from there it splits into 4awg wire and a 8awg wire for the two amps...which reside in the trunk, with the grounds attached in the trunk also. I then run the signal wires down the passenger side to the rear. that way i kept all the wires as far apart from each other and the amps and grounds as far away from the alternator as possible. but if i were you, id see if i can simplify the wiring as much as possible and see if that helps...it may not but at least if you do theres less wires to have to chase around... ill do some reading and see what i can find out about eliminating alternator noise.. but i highly doubt its anything wrong with your alternator, i think it has more to do with where your stereo wires are ran. they may be close to a factory ground or something.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Alternator Whine help. Heavily researched. [View all] , OUDLES, Sep-11-06 05:18 PM
  RE: Alternator Whine help. Heavily researched., DSMTalon, Sep-13-06 04:26 PM #1
RE: Alternator Whine help. Heavily researched., VOTBLINDUB, Sep-14-06 12:58 PM, #2
      RE: Alternator Whine help. Heavily researched., OUDLES, Sep-14-06 02:42 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12493 Previous topic | Next topic