Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11904
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(" Previous topic | Next topic
snufalufagus040Feb-04-06 09:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
332 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11928, "RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :("
In response to In response to 7
Feb-04-06 09:24 AM by snufalufagus040

Hell ya it's possible!

I can't say it was an easy install (especially w/ Sirius, TV Tuner, and backup camera), but the head unit fits. I didn't even bother with the sleeve, because there was nothing good to screw it to, and it wouldn't fit in the bracket that holds the cubby and head unit. And as for the relays, there's one in the center, and one on the right. I just twisted the one in the center clockwise a little to get it out of my way. Plenty of room behind the radio, even with my mess of wires.

I decided to use 4 screws each, and just mounted the head unit directly to those brackets that hold the cubby and radio to the chasis. That may seem stupid not to be able to slide it out to fix wires or make adjustments, but A) it's marginally more difficult to steal now, and B) if I need to work on anything back there, I'll have to take the center console out and the A/C dial cover plate off, anyways!

Excuse the pictues... Can't get the flash to stop on friend's crappy camera, and Janet is dusty as hell. I think I'll clean her tonight...

EDIT: I like going to Crutchfield to see reviews, features, and to generally shop for what I'm going to buy ELSEWHERE, but I have to agree that their fitment guide is a waste of time to read.

Also, this KD-AVX1 is really effin' cool. It's already performed above my expectations, and expectations were high!

http://www.snuFaluFagus.com --- electronic music made by me - hard house, drum and bass, trip hop, metal, breaks, etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :( [View all] , snufalufagus040, Jan-29-06 04:58 AM
  RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, gramozeka, Jan-29-06 06:08 AM, #1
RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, snufalufagus040, Jan-29-06 06:53 AM, #2
      RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, gramozeka, Jan-29-06 08:32 AM, #3
           RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, snufalufagus040, Jan-29-06 11:27 AM, #4
                RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, gramozeka, Jan-31-06 10:57 AM, #5
                     RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, snufalufagus040, Jan-31-06 03:44 PM, #6
                          RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, MCubed45, Feb-03-06 12:04 AM, #7
                               RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, snufalufagus040, Feb-04-06 09:20 AM #8
                                    RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, snufalufagus040, Feb-04-06 05:21 PM, #9
                                         RE: Head units that play DVD-R mp3's, minus the cheap look and 7" LCD... :(, snufalufagus040, Feb-07-06 07:05 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11904 Previous topic | Next topic