Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8559
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel" Previous topic | Next topic
a_miller_76Mar-25-04 07:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8572, "RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel"
In response to In response to 5

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
"Your remote doesn't tell it when to turn on, it tells it when to turn off. so if you put power and ground to it without the remote attached to it, then yeah it will come on." uhh, are you sure? go out to your amp and pull the remote lead off, the amp wont turn on. the remote provides a small dose of current when the HU is turned on, and that is shut off when the HU is turned off. it activates a relay inside of the amp to let it know when to turn on. ive seen waaay too many people rig thier ghetto systems up by just splicing some of the main 12v+ wire off the battery lead to the remote terminal (so they would have the amp running all the time). sounds to me like some of the power wire is touching the remote terminal, check to make sure the wiring is nice and tidy. also check to make sure that the remote wire is correctly connected to the HU on the appropriate wire. if its neither of those, there might be a problem w/ one of the relays, either the onle inside the HU that tells the remote whire when to become hot, or the one in the amp that reads the remote wire.

Yeah, I've seen a couple of amps that will do that over the years MTX amps used to be notorious for that LOL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel [View all] , Blizare, Mar-24-04 05:20 PM
  RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel, Blizare, Mar-25-04 03:45 AM, #1
RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel, a_miller_76, Mar-25-04 04:00 AM, #2
      RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel, Blizare, Mar-25-04 05:30 AM, #3
           RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel, a_miller_76, Mar-25-04 08:06 AM, #4
                RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-25-04 02:55 PM, #5
                     RE: My Fuc*ing Pioneer 4-channel, a_miller_76, Mar-25-04 07:15 PM #6

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8559 Previous topic | Next topic