Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #687
View in linear mode

Subject: "My receiever is pumping out distortion!" Previous topic | Next topic
NiclipseNov-13-01 07:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#687, "My receiever is pumping out distortion!"

I have the Panasonic DFX700U receiver (glows blue at night) it has a manual flip face.

Anyway, for the past month or two now it has been pumping out the nastiest distortion ever and it stops when you tap the face cover on the receiver but then comes back a few seconds later.

I pulled out the receiever and checked all of the wires and made sure everythign was plugged in correctly and made sure no wires were touching and i removed the ground wire and then grounded it right back where it was (man theres nowhere else to ground it)

I screwed it back in and now it still does it. I can't exactly send it back to the factory because I dont have a fucking receipt for it anymore. Any ideas???

Could it be the connections on the flip face?

The only other slight peice of car audio information I can tell ya is that I shaved my antennae off my car and the cord for the antenae is just sitting in my trunk and it's still plugged into the receiever, but that shouldn't bother me while im playign a CD right??

-Nick

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My receiever is pumping out distortion! [View all] , Niclipse, Nov-13-01 07:00 PM
  RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, PowerEclipses, Nov-14-01 12:04 AM, #1
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, iamnotwhoiam, Nov-14-01 03:32 AM, #2
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Nov-14-01 03:54 AM, #3
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, Niclipse, Nov-14-01 06:14 AM, #4
      RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Nov-14-01 06:41 AM, #5
           RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, toykilla, Nov-14-01 05:24 PM, #6
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, osiris (Guest), Nov-20-01 03:00 PM, #7
RE: My receiever is pumping out distortion!, flossinpnoyracer, Dec-12-01 05:58 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #687 Previous topic | Next topic