Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5197
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity" Previous topic | Next topic
bigslimMar-01-03 09:08 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5465, "RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity"
In response to In response to 4

>
>Unfortunately, most people do not understand phasing in a
>vehicle.
>
>In our particular vehicles, most of us install component sets
>into the door and dash. This does great, but phasing often
>comes into play. It's been my experience to wire the
>passenger woofer "out-of-phase".
>
>Why do this, one may ask. Well...firing each woofer in
>"mechanical" phase doesn't always mean that the audio system
>in "acousticly" in-phase. You need to listen to various
>frequencies to determine the best phasing for the car.

Ok, I'm one of those who doesn't understand this. I understand the physical/mechanical issue. However, to clarify, you are stating to switch polarity on the driver-side door woofer? What should we listen for when this happens? Sorry if this is a super easy question, but I'm not following. Thanks.
j

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

for those of you that know about speaker polarity [View all] , trickedeclipse, Feb-02-03 03:48 AM
  RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, Apocalypse, Feb-02-03 05:16 AM, #1
RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, OZ_GS, Feb-02-03 06:09 AM, #2
      RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, SPL_Eclipse, Feb-02-03 05:11 PM, #3
RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, audiophyl, Feb-02-03 05:21 PM, #4
RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, trickedeclipse, Feb-03-03 07:20 AM, #5
RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, bigslim, Mar-01-03 09:08 AM #6
      RE: for those of you that know about speaker polarity, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-01-03 10:10 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #5197 Previous topic | Next topic