Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3765
View in linear mode

Subject: "I finally got my sub back" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMetalJimAug-29-02 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3765, "I finally got my sub back"

Hey people

Ok, firsly I'll say that I'm mostly concerned with horsepower. I'm definately more go than show. I used to have a sub but it blew out 5 years ago. I've been missing the extra kick that a sub gives. It sounded great. It was just a stoopid powered toob sub.

I've been thinking about it ALOT lately so I started looking and Pep Boys was selling this powered toob just like my old one, so I said what the hell I'll give it a shot. Yeah thats right, it's a cheapo, bottom of the barral $70 powered sub from Pep Boys...but I love it. It sounds great. It adds just enough bass to the mix - not enough to eject a passanger but heavy enough to feel. Oh, and it covers up an ugly gravy stain in my trunk. You can still see it from the side a little, but you can't see it at all from the top. It was a snap to install, just 4 wires power, ground, speaker +, -. I already had all the wiring to the trunk, just had to hook up the power line again. The whole thing took about 20 minutes to install. The other plus is that it only weighs about 10 lbs or less, so it wont slow me down a bit.

I'm kickin with my sub again!!!

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Gude cams : test pipe : AFX UDP : ram air : Thrush glasspack
BOMZ F/R upper strut bars
Kenwood KDC 5000 : Rampage sub : AutoCommand remote start : Dual air horns
incomming - lower strut bars, ES inserts

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3765 Previous topic | Next topic