Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3030
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sub Help" Previous topic | Next topic
EltorosaulJun-25-02 10:19 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3030, "Sub Help"

Ok, Here is the deal. I hope you guys can help me. I figured since my amp is stable down to 2 ohms I would wire my two 4 ohm subs in parallel, bridge them, and thus have a 2 ohm load. I did this and was happy as hell with the bass response. It was crazy how much of a difference just wiring the subs differently made. However, this is when the problem set in. After playing music for a bit and then raising the volume my amp died out. I blew the fuse that is near the battery. Friend of mine gave me another, I wired my subs up back simply how they were before (just straight 2 channels), and all is back to normal now. However, I got a taste of how crazy the bass was when bridged and I need that back. What can I do in order to have my subs bridged and not blow that fuse. Please help guys.

Here is all my sub and amp information:the rms power of each 10 inch sub is 250 W. They are sony explod which can handle 700 max W. But RMS like I said is 250W. The amp is bridegable. Here are the specs:

-Bridged Power Output at 14.4V (1kHz, 0.8% THD): 300 Watts x 1
- Maximum Output Power: 600 Watts
- Power Output at 2 Ohms, at 14.4V (1kHz, 0.8% THD): 150 Watts x 2
- Power Output at 4 Ohms, at 14.4V (20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD): 100 Watts x 2

The Subs are 4 Ohm subs and the Amp is stable down to 2 Ohms.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Sub Help [View all] , Eltorosaul, Jun-25-02 10:19 PM
  RE: Sub Help, Blmet, Jun-25-02 10:26 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3030 Previous topic | Next topic