Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #280
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to this forum, and to the 420A." Previous topic | Next topic
GigabyteMar-12-08 08:02 AM
Member since Mar 12th 2008
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#280, "New to this forum, and to the 420A."

Hello, thought I would make my first post my introduction post. I guess I can tell a little bit about myself. I'm 22 and live in Springfield, MO so if there are any Mitsu owners on the board in the area maybe we can get together and chew the fat. Like the subject says I'm new to the Eclipse but I'm not new to cars. I have modified two cars of mine in the past. My first car I actually modified was a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 with the 2.4l TWINCAM LD9. I loved that car more than any, and it had an impressive list of motor modifications to it. But somebody decided to use her to come to a dead stop from 40mph in their Lincoln, so RIP Cavalier. My last car before my Eclipse was a 1987 Toyota MR2 witht eh 1.6l DOHC 16 valve 4AGE. It was a very fun car but not enough aftermarket to keep my attention. So I traded it off for my current car, my 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, with the 4spd automatic. I feel I got a pretty good deal on the car, but she does have her fair share of issues. The last owner riced her out and I'm left cleaning it up and getting everything running right again. It is a slow learning process for me because I know nothing about these cars, but that is half the fun learning as you go along. I'm not trying to make a land speed setting car, but I do want to have fun. So at the moment my plans are to keep her simple. The only mod I have done to it is an Ebay CAI and it is blue with the steel mesh filter. I don't know if I care for the filter yet but I'm trying it out to see how well it filters. I'll still probably end up buying another K&N Cone filter after a while. Future plan consist of header, exhaust, and restoring the suspension and dropping it around 1" to 1.5" at the most. I'm also thinking about doing the "Final Drive Mod" I beleive is what it is called where you replace two gears with the gears from a 99 Dodge Stratus, and also possibly the translab shift kit if I'm feeling froggy enough to tackle that on my own. And I'm also needing to fix my moonroof I think it is off track because the driver side rear corner does not go down all the way, and the moonroof does not open all the way either. So I will need to learn about how to do that.

A bit more about myself then I'll stop ranting, for a living I'm a Network Administrator for a diesel company called Jenkins Diesel Power here in Springfield, MO. And in my spare time if I'm not hanging out with my fiancee or friends, I'm playing World of Warcraft or messing with my car if the weather permits. I'm a pretty simple guy and I think I'm easy to get along with. If you want to know something else about me then all you have to do is ask. Take care!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-12-08 08:05 AM, #1
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., BoostedEclipse, Mar-12-08 10:02 AM, #2
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 12:13 PM, #3
RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., TeamDR1665, Mar-12-08 12:42 PM, #4
      RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Moderatorcs82685, Mar-12-08 12:50 PM, #5
      RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 02:49 PM, #7
           RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Moderatorcs82685, Mar-12-08 03:13 PM, #8
                RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 04:35 PM, #9
                     RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Fallen4ng31, Mar-13-08 04:40 AM, #10
                          RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-13-08 07:31 AM, #11
      RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A., Gigabyte, Mar-12-08 02:46 PM, #6

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-12-08 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#281, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome to 2GNT.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoostedEclipseMar-12-08 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#283, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 1

Welcome to the site. Glad to hear your optimistic with car.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

GigabyteMar-12-08 12:13 PM
29 posts,
#284, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the welcome everybody, I hope to learn a lot about these cars, and hope be able to answer a lot of my questions good thing there is a search button.

TeamDR1665Mar-12-08 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#285, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
Welcome to 2GNT.

This guy, here, told me he had 64 of you in a box next to his desk today. Imagine that. 64 Gigabytes.

Nice intro post. Well written, if not a bit on the rambling side. You could have broken it up a bit, but it worked well.

Your previous auto experience should serve you well over here. Likewise, there is no shortage of IT uber-techno-types among our ranks. Sorry to hear about your J-body. Just please assure us that you are not that tool what got inked up with the blue one.

Moderatorcs82685Mar-12-08 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#286, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 4

Welcome aboard, you'll find no greater source of knowledge on the net about these cars than you will from this site. Have fun searching around and becoming addicted to reading threads, your plans for the car may be changed by the info you find on here, I think we're all influenced a bit

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

GigabyteMar-12-08 02:49 PM
29 posts,
#288, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by cs82685
Welcome aboard, you'll find no greater source of knowledge on the net about these cars than you will from this site. Have fun searching around and becoming addicted to reading threads, your plans for the car may be changed by the info you find on here, I think we're all influenced a bit

I can't wait to learn as much as I can, and I really do hope that my ideas change for my car. I would really love to do a Stage II Hahn Racecraft Turbo kit. But that would be VERY much farther down the road.

Moderatorcs82685Mar-12-08 03:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#289, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Gigabyte
Originally posted by cs82685 Welcome aboard, you'll find no greater source of knowledge on the net about these cars than you will from this site. Have fun searching around and becoming addicted to reading threads, your plans for the car may be changed by the info you find on here, I think we're all influenced a bit
I can't wait to learn as much as I can, and I really do hope that my ideas change for my car. I would really love to do a Stage II Hahn Racecraft Turbo kit. But that would be VERY much farther down the road.

I had the same thought of doing a hahn kit a few years down the road then I discovered here and boosted the car within 6 months getting parts off the bst section.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

GigabyteMar-12-08 04:35 PM
29 posts,
#290, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by Gigabyte
Originally posted by cs82685 Welcome aboard, you'll find no greater source of knowledge on the net about these cars than you will from this site. Have fun searching around and becoming addicted to reading threads, your plans for the car may be changed by the info you find on here, I think we're all influenced a bit
I had the same thought of doing a hahn kit a few years down the road then I discovered here and boosted the car within 6 months getting parts off the bst section.

BST Section? Is that a part of this site? If so I'm not finding it, and I'm guessing that it is a parts for sale section? For me it really will be years down the road. I only make $12hr where I work and I'm still paying on the car, and with full coverage insurance, bills, food, you know the normal stuff in life that sucks. It will take me forever to save up the money for a turbo kit. SO for me it will probably be a while down the road.

Fallen4ng31Mar-13-08 04:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#292, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 9

You're a net admin and you're only making $12/hr? I think it's time to look for a new job, my friend. But, I know how much the IT industry sucks in MO. I went to school in Kirksville, and even with years of experience plus certs (MCSE, CCNA, etc...) I could only get around the same wage. But I digress, welcome to the site!

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

GigabyteMar-13-08 07:31 AM
29 posts,
#293, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
You're a net admin and you're only making $12/hr? I think it's time to look for a new job, my friend. But, I know how much the IT industry sucks in MO. I went to school in Kirksville, and even with years of experience plus certs (MCSE, CCNA, etc...) I could only get around the same wage. But I digress, welcome to the site!

It is not a very big network only 8 servers and 64 desktops. Very simple network to work with, and plus I'm only A+ Cert and Network Cert. They are going to be paying for me MCSEs and MCSAs when I'm ready to sign up for the classes. I have been working there for 5 months now, and was promised $18hr before 2009. So I think somebody with my experiance (8years) and my certifications and also dropping out of college (Family reasons) $12 hr starting off in MO is not the worst I could do.

GigabyteMar-12-08 02:46 PM
29 posts,
#287, "RE: New to this forum, and to the 420A."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by DarkOne Welcome to 2GNT.
This guy, here, told me he had 64 of you in a box next to his desk today. Imagine that. 64 Gigabytes. Nice intro post. Well written, if not a bit on the rambling side. You could have broken it up a bit, but it worked well. Your previous auto experience should serve you well over here. Likewise, there is no shortage of IT uber-techno-types among our ranks. Sorry to hear about your J-body. Just please assure us that you are not that tool what got inked up with the blue one.

You seen that tattoo as well huh? I loved my J but I though that was the most retarded thing I have ever seen. But hey to each their own if you really are hardcore enough about your car to get it on your body, then whatever floats your boat.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #280 Previous topic | Next topic