Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #24581
View in linear mode

Subject: "well the journey ended tonight......." Previous topic | Next topic
speedracer21Jun-14-02 04:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24581, "well the journey ended tonight......."

Well i've traded in my car (due to lack of finding financing for the balance of the loan) now i have a sad void spot that jsut dosent feel right without the car i poured all my time, money, and heart into...
My new car is a 2003 tiburon. Its nice, v6 good looks 100,000 mile b-b warantee, 17" wheels. its silver with all black interior. And i had to promise my wife i'd never touch the engine other that intake and exhaust .... so it will end up all show no go..

I'll have lots of parts for sale, as soon as i strip them off my car.
apr wing
star stage 2 turbo kit
howell bottom end kit (10.5:1)
t.timer
gauges, a/f. egt, boost
d/s rotors
accel dfi
625cc injectors
programable msd dis-2
c.f.d.f. clutch
sony xplode cd player
turbo xs mbc
and probably some other things...
if you have an offer for somthing send it to robbyh@pacbell.net

But i am looking for (1) stock piston and rings so i can put the engine back to stock. hit me up if you have one. i need asap

i still plan on posting here since i learned so much here and everyone is very cool ppl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
OMG, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-14-02 08:11 PM, #1
RE: OMG, Fast420A, Jun-14-02 08:15 PM, #2
      RE: OMG, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-14-02 08:51 PM, #3
           It's ok to vulture :), speedracer21, Jun-14-02 09:40 PM, #4
                RE: It's ok to vulture :), Fast420A, Jun-14-02 10:25 PM, #5
                     RE: It's ok to vulture :), Strauss, Jun-15-02 02:14 AM, #6
                     RE: It's ok to vulture :), JustOne, Jun-15-02 02:16 AM, #7
RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Joshua97478, Jun-15-02 02:27 AM, #8
RE: well the journey ended tonight......., fly1, Jun-15-02 02:47 AM, #9
      RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-15-02 04:26 AM, #10
           RE: well the journey ended tonight......., fabry827, Jun-16-02 01:37 AM, #27
RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Chamuko, Jun-15-02 04:32 AM, #11
RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-15-02 04:47 AM, #12
      RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Joshua97478, Jun-15-02 05:00 AM, #13
           RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Teamdougie2, Jun-15-02 05:32 AM, #14
RE: well the journey ended tonight......., ObieexESI, Jun-15-02 06:14 AM, #15
RE: well the journey ended tonight......., DarKReaLity, Jun-15-02 06:32 AM, #16
      RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-15-02 07:03 AM, #17
           RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Joshua97478, Jun-15-02 07:07 AM, #18
                RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Super20G, Jun-15-02 07:26 AM, #19
                     RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-15-02 07:58 AM, #20
                          RE: well the journey ended tonight......., 420aturbo, Jun-15-02 08:07 AM, #21
                               RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-15-02 08:16 AM, #22
                                    RE: well the journey ended tonight......., 420aVenger, Jun-15-02 08:26 AM, #23
                                    RE: well the journey ended tonight......., vegasdsmr, Jun-15-02 08:30 AM, #24
                                         RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-15-02 01:36 PM, #25
                                              RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Nitrous_RS1997, Jun-15-02 04:18 PM, #26
                                                   RE: well the journey ended tonight......., flossinpnoyracer, Jun-16-02 02:01 AM, #28
                                                        RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Super20G, Jun-16-02 09:37 AM, #29
                                                             RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-16-02 04:12 PM, #30
                                                                  RE: well the journey ended tonight......., thisismygs, Jun-17-02 01:47 AM, #31
                                                                       RE: well the journey ended tonight......., jamesman, Jun-17-02 02:21 AM, #32
                                                                            RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Ichiban, Jun-17-02 04:53 AM, #33
                                                                                 RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-17-02 07:46 AM, #34
                                                                                      RE: well the journey ended tonight......., thisismygs, Jun-17-02 08:35 AM, #35
                                                                                           RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-17-02 09:45 AM, #36
                                                                                                RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Forged420a, Jun-18-02 06:51 AM, #37
                                                                                                     RE: well the journey ended tonight......., speedracer21, Jun-18-02 01:18 PM, #38
                                                                                                          RE: well the journey ended tonight......., Tytanfoxx, Jun-18-02 01:43 PM, #39

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-14-02 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24582, "OMG"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't even know what to say.

Vulturing parts doesn't even feel right after reading that.

My gawd. I am so, so very terribly sorry.

Is it at least a black tibby? Anything looks good as long as it is painted black.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AJun-14-02 08:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#24583, "RE: OMG"
In response to Reply # 1

DAMN. . . .it's a sad thing to see people leave.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-14-02 08:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#24584, "RE: OMG"
In response to Reply # 2

How much for the DIS?

The "not-quite-right-to-vulture" feeling didn't last.

Still so very, very sorry.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

speedracer21Jun-14-02 09:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24585, "It's ok to vulture :)"
In response to Reply # 3

yea, its a weird feeling parting with your baby...
The msd i figuer like 400 obo, but that includes the dual tach adapter and the 3 bar map sensor, i paied 530 for it all

the only thing i regret is not being able to see it hit 400whp, that would of been sweet...

Fast420AJun-14-02 10:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#24586, "RE: It's ok to vulture :)"
In response to Reply # 4

How much for the howell kit?

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

StraussJun-15-02 02:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#24587, "RE: It's ok to vulture :)"
In response to Reply # 5

Man, that sucks, I feel for you man. Just make sure you keep posting here, you have learned a lot and are a big help to people here. Oh, I almost forgot, I'll take that MAP sensor off your hands!

JustOneJun-15-02 02:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#24588, "RE: It's ok to vulture :)"
In response to Reply # 5

FUCK...that sucks ass man. You where on of the few people on the board that was stage 4. I think I have received the most help from you w/ my DFI stuff. (Going back on this Tuesday)

I appreciate all the help I got from you and hope every thing works out for you in the end.

I would love to help you out and take some of your toys off your hands but I already have all the same stuff.

Good luck....

Brian

Joshua97478Jun-15-02 02:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2662 posts,
#24589, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 0

Dude, that sucks. I love my car and would be a nervous wreck if i had to get rid of it. The tiburons are nice though. That was the first car i ever test drove after i got my drivers licence. There is this commercial playing here in which a lady is in the driveway talking all sweet to her mustang about how much she loves it and how she would just die if anything happened to it. If i'm watching tv with my wife, she gives me "the look" because she knows that is how i am with my car.

Fucking Kangaroos.

fly1Jun-15-02 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24590, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 8

It's sad to hear that you've decided to make that move, and trust me, I understand why you would have made that decision. I know it feels like climbing up a sand mountain sometimes. Good luck!

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

speedracer21Jun-15-02 04:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24591, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 9

thanks for the support guys
i only hope i can get somthing close to this with the new car on another board if there is one for it?

i was looking for 750 or so for the kit. it only has about 2000 miles on it.

oh i forgot i have the apexi n1 cat back too for sale.. its the 3" one (for a gst) but mounts the same

fabry827Jun-16-02 01:37 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2002
194 posts,
#24592, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 10

How much for the N1 cat back? I am really fucking sorry to hear that it had to end this way for you man. justin

justin
**1998 RS w/ 5 spd **FOR SALE**
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=117972723&dealer_id=&make=MIT&distance=25
&max_price=&model=ECLIP&advcd_on=n&end_year=2003&min_price=&certified=n&address
=43947&search_type=used&advanced=n

ChamukoJun-15-02 04:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#24593, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 0

ok how much would you be willing to let the
mbc go for?
the tt?
or the d/s rotors?

It always hurts to see things like this though, especially for us younger up-and comming guys who are in great need of advice and aid. when so much effort is put into a car then parted out like slab of meat ,makes you think, what do we have running through our veins?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

speedracer21Jun-15-02 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24594, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 11

the mbc 40 shipped
the tt 50 shipped
the d/s rotors 50+shipping (since there a bit heavy)

Joshua97478Jun-15-02 05:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2662 posts,
#24595, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 12

You've got mail Dude!

Fucking Kangaroos.

Teamdougie2Jun-15-02 05:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#24596, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 13

Damn dude... I'm sorry to hear about that! If you still have the boost gauge, I need one! Is it the phantom? How much?

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

ObieexESIJun-15-02 06:14 AM
Member since Apr 03rd 2002
109 posts,
#24597, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 0

How much fer the star 2?

DarKReaLityJun-15-02 06:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#24598, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 15

god it's too bad you gotta get rid of it, i could never give my baby up. i wouldn't care of my financial situations, my car stays with me for life! but you had to do what you had to do. but het i'm in need of an EGT gauge, how much?

speedracer21Jun-15-02 07:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24599, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 16

the turbo i was looking for 2300 for it, sine its in perfect condition and has the ceramic ball bearing option

the egt is almost brand new and i'm asking 90 is the phantom one

here are a few pics of my new car

Joshua97478Jun-15-02 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2662 posts,
#24600, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 17

Oh... damn! I must've misread the earlier post where you said you were looking for 750 for the kit. my bad.

Fucking Kangaroos.

Super20GJun-15-02 07:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24601, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 18

Man, I am sorry you had to sell, but I know all about it. The only thing keeping me going is my 1987 Nissan Maxima with 250K on it... so I will be in shit creek when the motor finally goes(knock on wood). My car is always down getting something upgraded that broke under the high stress this engine is dishing out... Eventually though, I hope the thing will just run.... there must me a ending point, or a slow down atleast somewhere around the corner I like the tibby, i hope you can get some power out of it, cause i know they're more show than go like the 2gnt is stock, huh?

speedracer21Jun-15-02 07:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24602, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 19

it has like 181hp and 170tq. but so far i've learned there are runors of a twin turbo kit being tested for it
i think i'll probbly just go more show than go tho, nice knowing i have a 10yr bumper to bumper warantee

420aturboJun-15-02 08:07 AM
Member since Apr 08th 2002
964 posts,
#24603, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 20

$2300 for the Star Stage 2, huh? Will you take 2k for it let me know on my email. The tibby is nice. I have a friend looking to buy a new V6. Is yours the 6 speed or did you go slushbox?

Built 420a
NER turbo kit T3/T04s ball bearing
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

speedracer21Jun-15-02 08:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24604, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 21

6spd
i dont know if i'd go that low, since the kit is in perfect shape and a b.b. one at that

420aVengerJun-15-02 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#24605, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 22

Talk about a clean bay!!! There isn't one hose or wire showing anywhere. Looks kinda like a bimmer engine w/ everything covered. Nice car!!!

vegasdsmrJun-15-02 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#24606, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 22

dam bro... at least the tibby is stick, and not auto....

good luck w/da tibby, and sorry to hear bout your clipse

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

speedracer21Jun-15-02 01:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24607, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 24

thanks...
another part i forgot to list is my c.f.d.f. clutch. used about 2000 miles(1000 miles were all break in time) so 150 obo

Nitrous_RS1997Jun-15-02 04:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#24608, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 25

Im not sure i understand...why did you have to get rid of your car? did you need to refinance it or a different loan? in any case, im really sorry to see another fast 2gnt go, and goodluck with your Tiburon, i think they we be able to be made very fast.

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

flossinpnoyracerJun-16-02 02:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#24609, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 26

hey man u wanna sell the OZ rims email me at flossinopnoyracer@aol.com

1999 GST

1997 RS

Super20GJun-16-02 09:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#24610, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 28

BTW, that tibby's engine bay looks really clean, but looks like a real pain in the ass to mod. That would be such a chore to shove twin turbos in there, all that pretty black plastic coverings would have to go.

speedracer21Jun-16-02 04:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24611, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 29

yea adding lots of engine stuff would probably require the nice coverings to be removed. And piss off the wife

here is the bodykit i plan on ordering in a month..

but at 1600 for the kit its gonna hurt...

thisismygsJun-17-02 01:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#24612, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 30

good luck with the tibby bro; it looks hot! how much for the n1 exhaust?

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

jamesmanJun-17-02 02:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#24613, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 31

Hey robby,
sorry to hear about the car man, maybe it is a good thing, now you don't have to fix the oil leak!
that clutch, is it a modular or non modular?
thanks
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

IchibanJun-17-02 04:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
238 posts,
#24614, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 32

Robby,
That's too bad about your car. I really feel sorry because I'm the one that's gonna have to help you put it back to stock this week (and weekend). :'( That's REALLY gonna suck!

On the brighter side, I'm going turbo now and Robby's getting the NOS setup for the Tiburon }>. We just have to hide it from the wife

Christian
06 GG IX MR SE
http://www.ichibanracing.com/ is DOWN!! In between hosts.

speedracer21Jun-17-02 07:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24615, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 33

it's a modular clutch

thisismygsJun-17-02 08:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#24616, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 34

...and how much for the n1 exhaust?

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

speedracer21Jun-17-02 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24617, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 35

the offer i have right now is 400 for the catback

Forged420aJun-18-02 06:51 AM
Member since Mar 08th 2002
265 posts,
#24618, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 36

is that a wide body kit? Why don't you build a custom turbo kit for the disgrace, i mean the tippy

Star Stage 3
with no traction

speedracer21Jun-18-02 01:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#24619, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 37

i've heard there working on a aftermarket twin turbo setup
not that my wife will let me get it tho lol...

TytanfoxxJun-18-02 01:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#24620, "RE: well the journey ended tonight......."
In response to Reply # 38

A great man once said "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" Sorry to see u go, but this is a family and youre always welcome at paw paw's even if u drive a Hyun Hyun aaa chew! excuse me can't say that word, but seriously I would die if I had to let my clipse go, when your woman leaves and your friends let u down, ur ride is all u got, take care of her and she'll take care of u PEACE AND GOOD LUCK
T-FOXX
Do I sound to Jerry Springerish to u?

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod-Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake, Ground Control coilovers, Foxx 2k2 Short Shifter-Indy Sequential Shifter Knob,Grabber Green Brake Caliper Mod, Maxspeed Catback System, Finally 18" Konig Opal Black Verdicts- Coming NER Stage 1D Turbo Kit and accessories, Body Kit and Paint

BOOST!-Tis far better to have it and not need it-than to need and not have it.

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #24581 Previous topic | Next topic