Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #67954
View in linear mode

Subject: "95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
BlizareMar-02-04 07:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67954, "95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"

OK, First off, It didn't work very well, secondly, This is just a prototype. I wanted to mess with it by hand before I go stupid and get it cut properly and everyhing. There are a few bugs to work out so in time I will Finish.

First off I need to use thicker plexi....like 6mm stuff. also the front of my bumper in the middle has an indentation....

This is how it first started off. I got a good pic of it and vectorized it to exact measurements. So far soo good. Now I'm gonna cut this bitch out with a very fine blade in the jigsaw.

Now this is after it has been cut out and not sanded.....just a test fit. Again so far soo good.....except for the fact that I want it to come out about another inch or so in the front and about half that on the sides.

Now this is what I got.....not impressed. The bottom of the bumper has this bend in it.....ghey IMO so WTF do I do now.....

Once again this is JUST A PROTOTYPE! I had to see what problems I would run into before getting any extensive work done and its a good thing i did this.

So Anyways, The next step is to get some opinions from you guys.

My buddy doesn't really like the idea. but I do. Use your imagination a bit. It will be a lot smoother and more precise. I don't put crappy shit on my car.

Comments??

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, SilClipse95, Mar-02-04 07:26 AM, #1
RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-02-04 07:49 AM, #2
RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, Blizare, Mar-02-04 08:34 AM, #3
      RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, DarkTalon, Mar-02-04 10:19 AM, #4
           RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, bullox, Mar-02-04 11:28 AM, #5
                RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, Blizare, Mar-02-04 12:41 PM, #6
                     RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, berightback, Mar-02-04 02:08 PM, #7
                          RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, 2g99RSNC, Mar-02-04 03:31 PM, #8
                               RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, TOTalon, Mar-02-04 06:08 PM, #9
                               RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, REV_GSlow, Mar-02-04 06:09 PM, #10
                                    RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, chrysler kid, Mar-02-04 06:11 PM, #11
                                         RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-02-04 06:14 PM, #12
                                              RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, chrysler kid, Mar-02-04 06:19 PM, #13
                                                   RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, GhEttOrAiD, Mar-02-04 08:58 PM, #14
                                                        RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!, Blizare, Mar-03-04 03:50 AM, #15

SilClipse95Mar-02-04 07:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
793 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67955, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

nice work! mad props...i think it'll look great when u touch it up....good stuff....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GhEttOrAiDMar-02-04 07:49 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#67956, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

keep at it + let us know when you get a group buy going... lol

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

BlizareMar-02-04 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#67957, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't know what a reasonable price for one of em would be. It will be of very high quality. All of the bolt holes line up precisely with oval holes for positioning it left to right.

Right now I am testing the durability. Right now I know I need thicker stuff.(I am used a 2 mil plexi) The carwash pressure sprayer thing cracked it already...I will be trying another prototype with the 6 mill stuff. Its 3 x thicker and I think will look nicer.

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

DarkTalonMar-02-04 10:19 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2003
1142 posts,
#67968, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

you could talk to Leo, or one of the other guys on this board that do CF and see if you could get them to go in on it, if you could get enough interested....

bulloxMar-02-04 11:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#67972, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

imo, it doesn't look right with the curvature of the smiley face. Others seem to like it though...

BlizareMar-02-04 12:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#67975, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

I think it fits the curvature pretty good .....the picsa don't help the look of it....if it weren't for that stupid little dip in the bumper...anyways....I will work some more. No time to be discouraged.!!!

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

berightbackMar-02-04 02:08 PM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
624 posts,
#67980, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey man, good job...keep up the good work!

2g99RSNCMar-02-04 03:31 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
#67987, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

hey if u want it to curve u have to heat it a little. use a heat gun and apply heat to it u can bend it anyway u want once its heated just becareful and take ur time, then u will beable to make it follow the 95-96 style. Have u tried some type of plastic or even making it out of fiberglass so people could replace it. I doubt the plexi glass will work for something like that just not strong enough. props to u man keep up the good work

^^Work in progress pic
www.fastfabrications.com

TOTalonMar-02-04 06:08 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
112 posts,
#67998, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

How does it look from the side? What kind of angle does it make with the ground?

We use 1/4" material for ours which I think is the perfect thickness. You should be good with 6mm. Also, I think plexi is too brittle, even at that thickness. Make sure you do some testing before you start selling them. Finally, the glossy top surface that people can see will scratch very easily. We get all ours painted before we sell them.

You mentioned that you are going to get them cut with a waterjet. How are you transferring the template you made to a CAD file? Make sure when you are designing it that it is perfectly symmetric about the center. The mirror function is your friend.

REV_GSlowMar-02-04 06:09 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
#67999, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

if it ever works out right i will buy one

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

chrysler kidMar-02-04 06:11 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#68000, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 10

ill give you $9
write up is here.
http://groups.msn.com/MileHighTalon/9frontairdam.msnw

11.65 @ 115

GhEttOrAiDMar-02-04 06:14 PM
1226 posts,
#68001, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by chrysler kid
ill give you $9 write up is here. http://groups.msn.com/MileHighTalon/9frontairdam.msnw

yech

you get what you pay for.... =-X

(looks bad!)

chrysler kidMar-02-04 06:19 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
7411 posts,
#68003, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 12
Mar-02-04 06:21 PM by chrysler kid

hehe. i dont like that its flat. its more of a bib than a lip. it needs depth to it imo

11.65 @ 115

GhEttOrAiDMar-02-04 08:58 PM
1226 posts,
#68006, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

hehe. i dont like that its flat. its more of a bib than a lip. it needs depth to it imo

not... even... it looks more like someone attatched some 82" of 4 3/4" wide professional-grade lawn edging to their bumper and... called it an OMG JDM DORIFTO TYPE AR AIRDAMLIP!!!

BlizareMar-03-04 03:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#68011, "RE: 95' - 96' Front lip Pics!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by TOTalon
How are you transferring the template you made to a CAD file? Make sure when you are designing it that it is perfectly symmetric about the center. The mirror function is your friend.

Not to worry sir, I have been in the graphic design business for a few years. I've decided that I WON'T be getting them waterjet cut. I will be using a friends router table. It's sweet to work with and it only will take about 15-20 minutes each.

ill give you $9 write up is here. http://groups.msn.com/MileHighTalon/9frontairdam.msnw

Fuck oFF CK. Thats GHEY! You don't get one now.

I'm taking that into consideration. I may bend up the front of it all the way to the sides then stop. The sides stick out about 1.25" from the bumper. This I want to keep the same and just have the front jut out more. Not to worry. I've got it under control.

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #67954 Previous topic | Next topic