Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #36461
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rattling Windows" Previous topic | Next topic
derekDec-11-02 12:53 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
325 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36461, "Rattling Windows"

I don't know if this is common with 2g's and I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. But, yeah, my windows are rattling when they are halfway rolled down. I guess they're out of the track or something? Would anyone happen to know the rememdy to this annoying problem?
Thanks
-derek

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Rattling Windows, SPL_Eclipse, Dec-11-02 12:56 PM, #1
RE: Rattling Windows, mrlocalpimp, Dec-11-02 01:33 PM, #2
      RE: Rattling Windows, LunarEclipse, Dec-12-02 05:10 AM, #3
           RE: Rattling Windows, PowerEclipses, Dec-12-02 09:06 AM, #4
                RE: Rattling Windows, mrlocalpimp, Dec-12-02 09:20 AM, #5
                     RE: Rattling Windows, Layton141, Dec-13-02 03:35 AM, #6
                          RE: Rattling Windows, berzerkled, Dec-14-02 08:21 AM, #7
                               RE: Rattling Windows, mrlocalpimp, Dec-14-02 08:23 AM, #8
                                    RE: Rattling Windows, berzerkled, Dec-14-02 09:31 AM, #9
                                         RE: Rattling Windows, 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-15-02 07:44 AM, #10
                                              happen to me.., pn0ymahal, Dec-15-02 01:26 PM, #11
                                                   RE: happen to me.., juggalo, Dec-15-02 03:20 PM, #12
                                                        RE: happen to me.., ThePlastik, Dec-16-02 11:28 PM, #13
                                                             RE: happen to me.., juggalo, Dec-17-02 12:52 AM, #14

SPL_EclipseDec-11-02 12:56 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36462, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 0

same thing here...ive tried tightening every bolt i can reach inside the door to no avail. any suggestions TIA!!

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mrlocalpimpDec-11-02 01:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#36463, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 1

Well windows arent bolted, what would tightening bolts do? Just wondering...

If you take off the panel on the onside of the door then tear away the plastic/goo stuff, youll have a huge gaping hole view of whats inside the door. I simply put padding in there, on each side of the window, and fixed the problem. Styrofoam is good but when compressed can be hard and the window can still rattle against that. But, its what I used. Really crammed it in there, window has no where to go but up and down.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

LunarEclipseDec-12-02 05:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
788 posts,
#36464, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 2

styrofoam from where and what kind? explain yourself sir. sounds good.

www.artexmusic.com

97' grey gs/Greddy EVO catback/Greddy header/AEM cai/afx udp/dropped on 2" sprints

PowerEclipsesDec-12-02 09:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#36465, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 3

if you look inside, there is a flat peice of metal, you need to get that and bend it... it has felt on it and bend it outward im pretty sure thats what i did..check it out

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

mrlocalpimpDec-12-02 09:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#36466, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 4

I just used normal styrofoam, from inside a box of somethign I bought. I dont even remember.

I put the window almost all the way up and glued styrfoam on both sides of the small part of the window that was still inside the door. Well, not ON the window, but on the door, but you get the point. Tight fit but now the window has no where to go as it rolls up and down. Im going to redo it with something better, sometime. No reason to until it starts rattling again

Layton141Dec-13-02 03:35 AM
Member since Aug 15th 2002
86 posts,
#36467, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 5

I have the same problem too. When you close the doors with the windows down it sounds really bad. Makes the door sound like a cheap piece of $hit. Aren't there two plastic tabs that attach to the window to control vibration. I haven't taken the panel off yet, but I'm almost positive there are two plastic tabs that can break and cause the window to rattle. I have the rattle on both doors now. I'm just going to take my car to satan (mitsu dealership) and tell them to fix it. It is one of those little everyday things that can drive you to absolute insanity.

1995 Eclipse GS - Urethane Blitz Kit, VIS CF Invader hood, CF Wing, CF TYC Euro lights, Kamikaze Header, Dual Exhaust, 97-99 headlights, Nitrous Wet Kit, (2) Alpine Type R

berzerkledDec-14-02 08:21 AM
Member since Nov 16th 2002
187 posts,
#36468, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 6

how do you get the window crank off the interior panel? i took all the door screws off and couldnt get the panel off..only thing holding it was the window crank..?

mrlocalpimpDec-14-02 08:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#36469, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah you need to take the window handle off.

Between the handle and the door theres a pin. To see it, sort of pull on the handle to get a glimpse of whats connecting it. Youll see the pin, pop it out.

berzerkledDec-14-02 09:31 AM
Member since Nov 16th 2002
187 posts,
#36470, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 8

ohh ok thanks
i think i need to shave off some plastic or something coz my front left speaker is crapping out with abit of bass on

9D9 MITSU RSDec-15-02 07:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#36471, "RE: Rattling Windows"
In response to Reply # 9

I would think styrofoam could scratch the window up. Guess it depends on what kind.

pn0ymahalDec-15-02 01:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#36472, "happen to me.."
In response to Reply # 10

well it happen to me. my drivers side window motor went bad. so got that replaced, then right after it worked fine, except it made this odd noise with the window open a little or half etc. so i show it to my friend at mitsu, and there is a tap which keeps the window nice alig which broke. its like a piece of plastic tab. on the drivers side its like in the area of the door speaker in that area.. so you can go to mitsu and get it fixed, or buy the part for like 5bucks or so... my friend just found one and work and put it in for me since i was having a hard time..
well hope this helps. oh yah he said, its common...

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

juggaloDec-15-02 03:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#36473, "RE: happen to me.."
In response to Reply # 11

i think its caused by closing the door by the window

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

ThePlastikDec-16-02 11:28 PM
Member since Dec 10th 2002
159 posts,
#36474, "RE: happen to me.."
In response to Reply # 12

I have the same stupid rattling window problem. Currently the easiest fix (since I hate taking off door panels) is to simply roll it all the way up or down.

Mods & Pix Here:
http://geocities.com/theplastik/

juggaloDec-17-02 12:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#36475, "RE: happen to me.."
In response to Reply # 13

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #36461 Previous topic | Next topic