Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1086
View in linear mode

Subject: "Grilles" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-29-01 11:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1086, "Grilles"

Anyone have pics of a stock bumper with a grill on it (custom or grillcraft) And I was wondering if anyone knows of good material to use to make one. I think I am going to try to make one myself, but want to see what it looks like first. I have only seen grilles on mostly aftermarket bumpers, not stock. Since I dont have an intercooler I need something

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Grilles, Daniel_RSX, Jan-29-01 01:23 PM, #1
RE: Grilles, Teamicjeclipse, Jan-29-01 02:30 PM, #2
RE: Grilles, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-29-01 03:35 PM, #3
      RE: Grilles, HeDog, Jan-29-01 04:02 PM, #4
      RE: Grilles, cyan, Jan-29-01 04:55 PM, #5
           RE: Grilles, oRACLe063, Jan-30-01 06:13 AM, #6
RE: Grilles, Teameclipse804, Jan-30-01 02:24 PM, #7

Daniel_RSXJan-29-01 01:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1087, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 0

The thing that I used and looks great is Gutter Cover from DYI or LOWES. Just put a clear coat (also get from these stores) on so it doesnt rust...
hopefully get some pics soon
so you can see

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamicjeclipseJan-29-01 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#1088, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 0

Grill Craft on sale at http://www.mmruse.com for $130. Just go to a import body shop and buy a sheet for $10 and paint it any color. Then drill a couple little holes and zip tie the grill to the bumper.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-29-01 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1089, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah so far the consensus seems to be just to buy a sheet from lowes and cut that up...The only problem, how to get it to stay on??? I dont really want to put holes in my bumper and tie them....

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

HeDogJan-29-01 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#1090, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 3

GrillCraft has a support bar that goes around the edges of the 3 grills. Plus, depending on your car color, they are powdercoated instead of painted, which is much more durable against road debris. On the support bar they have the mountings that you screw onto the bumper. I've got one and it took me about 20 minutes to put it on (my bumper is not on my car yet). Me personally, I would rather spend the money and get something that was specifically made for the car than try and cobble something together and possibly have problems with the thing staying on, or flexing and possibly damaging your bumper while you're driving down the highway. But hey that's just me.

HeDog

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

cyanJan-29-01 04:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1091, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 3

to attach the grille, take a hot glue gun or a caulk gun and attach some paper clips to the inside of the bumper so that one prong on the clip sticks out, sit the grille on these pins and bend them back to hold it in place, this is the same thing the body kit makers mold into their kits to hold grilles if they are included, they just use heavier steel wire that rusts, paperclips wont
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

oRACLe063Jan-30-01 06:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#1092, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 5

i have one !!! no pics yet but u guys know i try to keep my pics updated soon ... its kinda cool but i only put in the center grill the others are ugly

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Teameclipse804Jan-30-01 02:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1093, "RE: Grilles"
In response to Reply # 0

Just buy a sheet of chicken wire from any hardware store (or rain gutter stuff). Then bend it into place and it will almost stay there without anything to hold it in. I used epoxy glue on mine back in the day, or you can use bondo. The top of it will fit between the bumper cover and car (it stays fixed), so you only really need to glue down or tie down the bottom edge.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #1086 Previous topic | Next topic