Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #19951
View in linear mode

Subject: "Z3 fenders - nice or rice" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-16-02 07:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19951, "Poll question: Z3 fenders - nice or rice"

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
z3 fenders, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-16-02 07:06 AM, #1
RE: z3 fenders, SunBlocker, Apr-16-02 07:11 AM, #2
      RE: z3 fenders, CVedEclipse, Apr-16-02 08:52 AM, #3
           RE: z3 fenders, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-16-02 08:59 AM, #4
                RE: z3 fenders, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Apr-16-02 11:45 AM, #5
                     RE: z3 fenders, ToTaLEkLyPz99, Apr-16-02 11:50 AM, #6
                          RE: z3 fenders, basikstylz (Guest), Apr-16-02 12:10 PM, #7
                               RE: z3 fenders, fauchpj, Apr-16-02 12:20 PM, #8
                                    RE: z3 fenders, Teameclipse804, Apr-16-02 01:20 PM, #9
                                         RE: z3 fenders, BlitzdEclipse99, Apr-16-02 01:32 PM, #10
                                              RE: z3 fenders, eklipsdrvr99, Apr-17-02 01:37 AM, #11
                                                   RE: z3 fenders, Chowmane99, Apr-17-02 03:46 AM, #12
                                                        RE: z3 fenders, spaniard372, Apr-17-02 04:32 AM, #13
                                                             RE: z3 fenders, Squid, Apr-17-02 04:51 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: z3 fenders, SunBlocker, Apr-17-02 05:56 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: z3 fenders, PowerEclipses, Apr-17-02 08:09 AM, #16

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-16-02 07:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19952, "z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 0

Also 804, how much for a set of aerogear? I hear they fit much better than VIS. Right now $300 shipped is the best I can do.

98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SunBlockerApr-16-02 07:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
471 posts,
#19953, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 1

I know a guy with them. He lives in Grand Forks. He has that sweet green eclipse with the tall spoiler on the back. His name is Matt and works at the Tintmasters in Grand Forks part time (I think). He comes to Fargo quite often. They look sweet, IMO.

Gregg
Green 97 Eclipse RS (Really Slow)

CVedEclipseApr-16-02 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#19954, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 2

i agree.. if they fit correctly, then i think they look good. but i have seen too many where the fit doesn't look good, and therefore it looks like crap. if you get them, just make sure you fit them correctly, cus they look terrible when they dont.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-16-02 08:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#19955, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I saw that green eclipse once...

Hey send me some pics and mods of your car and Ill put you up on dakotadsm.com (should be up tonight)

We had a meet last saturday in minot. 9 dsms, not too shabby. Should be meeting again in a month and a half.

98 ESi
95 GS

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Apr-16-02 11:45 AM

#19956, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 4

i say go fer it, they are nice

ToTaLEkLyPz99Apr-16-02 11:50 AM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#19957, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah i want to get them they are so hott but they definitely have to be put on right of else they look horrible..

basikstylz (Guest)Apr-16-02 12:10 PM

#19958, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 6

any one got any cheese? cause it looks like #2 is getting some cheese graters...... Personaly I think they look like trash.... but maybe its just cause sooooo many damn peeps have them. why not try getting something else? but if u really want them lemme know I can get aerogear at cost

fauchpjApr-16-02 12:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#19959, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 7

ghey

Teameclipse804Apr-16-02 01:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#19960, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 8

Here's an email I sent re: z3 fenders. Kinda says how I feel about em.

---

Hey sup, sorry but I don't want to sell you z3 fenders. The reason being is that most of them do not fit that great. They may require some customization. Aerogear has a good rep supposedly, but some of their stuff fits really bad too (like that rear bumper they stopped producing due to fitment issues). Sorry I don't know where to get really good fitting ones, so I'd rather not sell it to you. I would stay with stock personally unless you really need new fenders (since they can also crack since they are fiberglass). Thanks, Marcus

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

BlitzdEclipse99Apr-16-02 01:32 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#19961, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 9

I just finshed putting my set of Z3 fenders on my '99 GS. I went with aerogear and the fit was perfect, no cutting or grinding required, it was a direct fit. I think they look great but I do agree that they will look shitty if they don't fit JUST right.

Regarding to the Aerogear VIS question:
I've put a couple of sets of the VIS version on and I've always had to modify them, espcially if you have factory side skirts. Plus the VIS ones are 289.00 a piece, not a set. They are sold individually for the same price you can get the better fitting Aerogear pair.

Just my 0.2 worth though, do whatever you want and don't let anyone try and change your mind.

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

eklipsdrvr99Apr-17-02 01:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
545 posts,
#19962, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 10

If your going to get z3 fenders I would wait a little bit. At the shop I work at we get z3 fenders in metal and you can change out the grill inserts between z3, m3, and something else that I can't remember. As of now the company (i think carfilo) we get them from only has them for civics and integras, but they will be out for the eclipse in about a month to month in a half.

eklipsdrvr99@hotmail.com

Mike
www.streamlinemotorsportsva.com
http://members.cardomain.com/eklipsdrvr99

Chowmane99Apr-17-02 03:46 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
391 posts,
#19963, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 11

Hey,
How much are they going for once they make it for our Eclipse. I have a 1998 Eclipse Spyder GS and was looking at getting a pair maybe if the price is right.

Thanks,
Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder GS

Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder

spaniard372Apr-17-02 04:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
182 posts,
#19964, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 12

"got rice bitch, got rice....have you got anything as nice" haha, just kidding. go with what you want. i always wonder why people always ask what others think they should do to THEIR cars. your ride is supposed to be your sanctuary. the place you can get away from the bs worries about what others think. do what you like and what you want. personally, however, i wouldn't rock em'. way too played out. and they just look cheesy. i'd be interested to see what the new M3 vents would look like. those are more subtle. i'm gonna get M3 vents when i graduate in 2 years, only thing is they are gonna be on a 2000 M3 that'll be the day my hierarachy of needs will be complete..."self-actualization"

SquidApr-17-02 04:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
927 posts,
#19965, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 13

What about using these fenders:

They are from Keystone Restyling. I've seen pictures of them, but as of yet I haven't seen a single eclipse on the street with them. I don't know how they fit.

-J

-J

SunBlockerApr-17-02 05:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
471 posts,
#19966, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 14

One thing you guys need to consider is that Jeff lives in North Dakota. These fenders aren't "played out" here, as not very many people have them. So please don't say they are ricey just because you think they are played out. If you think they look nice, just say so. Also, those fenders in the picture above this post are tight!

Gregg
Green 97 Eclipse RS (Really Slow)

PowerEclipsesApr-17-02 08:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#19967, "RE: z3 fenders"
In response to Reply # 15

custom fenders 100% man get them I saw some somewhere, it was the stock fenders cut to look like z3

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #19951 Previous topic | Next topic