Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2007 DSM Shootout topic #249
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some encouragement to go." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekMay-24-07 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#249, "Need some encouragement to go."

I don't know guys...I'm on the fence on weather I'm going to go this year. Here's the deal, first my new job doesn't let me use vacation time for 6 months, but I do have a couple of personal days I can use.

Second, my Talon is basically stranded at my house until my wife finishes up her training in Grand Rapids and moves in with me in Lansing, (I had to move in with my dad for my new job). So I can't really work on getting booger Shoot Out road trip ready until maybe mid-June.

Third I'm going with my dad to the Bloomington Gold Corvette show in mid-June, so there's another long road trip. We are doing a ground up restoration of 1970 Stingray rag top. I don't care what anyone says...Corvettes are cooler than DSM's.

And finally gas prices are just stupid right now...and the only thing we can do, to make a difference, is change our driving habits in protest.

So what do you guys think? Make me go. LOL

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need some encouragement to go., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-24-07 12:04 PM, #1
RE: Need some encouragement to go., totaleklipse97, May-24-07 04:12 PM, #2
      RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderatorxcasbonx, May-24-07 04:21 PM, #3
      RE: Need some encouragement to go., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-25-07 05:07 PM, #5
           RE: Need some encouragement to go., whodatt1, Jun-05-07 09:27 AM, #6
RE: Need some encouragement to go., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, May-25-07 08:56 AM, #4
RE: Need some encouragement to go., TeamXtremeRS, Jun-13-07 06:39 AM, #7
      RE: Need some encouragement to go., Diceman19, Jun-13-07 07:09 AM, #8
           RE: Need some encouragement to go., Teametx, Jun-13-07 01:27 PM, #10
                RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderatormicyek, Jun-14-07 01:13 AM, #11
                     RE: Need some encouragement to go., Teametx, Jun-19-07 10:55 AM, #17
RE: Need some encouragement to go., 2gtalon420a, Jun-13-07 09:14 AM, #9
RE: Need some encouragement to go., soulcontroller, Jun-18-07 08:15 PM, #12
      RE: Need some encouragement to go., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-18-07 10:38 PM, #13
           RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderator992gnt, Jun-19-07 06:45 AM, #14
                RE: Need some encouragement to go., TeamDR1665, Jun-19-07 09:01 AM, #15
                     RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-19-07 09:13 AM, #16
                     RE: Need some encouragement to go., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-19-07 03:13 PM, #18
                          RE: Need some encouragement to go., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-19-07 04:33 PM, #19
                               RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-19-07 04:44 PM, #20
                                    RE: Need some encouragement to go., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jun-19-07 07:20 PM, #21
                     RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderator992gnt, Jun-22-07 05:39 PM, #22
                          RE: Need some encouragement to go., RickyMeeses, Jun-24-07 06:54 AM, #23
                               RE: Need some encouragement to go., Teametx, Jul-30-07 04:13 AM, #24
                                    RE: Need some encouragement to go., Moderatormicyek, Jul-31-07 08:13 AM, #25
                                         RE: Need some encouragement to go., TeamAvenger, Jul-31-07 09:10 AM, #26
                                              RE: Need some encouragement to go., OldGuy, Aug-03-07 12:56 AM, #27
                                                   RE: Need some encouragement to go., Teametx, Aug-03-07 03:37 AM, #28
                                                        RE: Need some encouragement to go., soulcontroller, Aug-05-07 03:25 PM, #29
I'm out :/, Moderatormicyek, Aug-08-07 02:12 AM, #30
RE: I'm out :/, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-08-07 02:27 AM, #31
RE: I'm out :/, TeamAvenger, Aug-08-07 06:26 AM, #32
      RE: I'm out :/, Moderatormicyek, Aug-08-07 07:50 AM, #33
           RE: I'm out :/, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-08-07 10:30 AM, #34

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-24-07 12:04 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#250, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 0

Its once a year we get together to see each other and get drunk. Besides, we wont be havng any chicagoland meets this year.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97May-24-07 04:12 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#251, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 1
May-24-07 04:14 PM by totaleklipse97

Kent, no worries.. you can just look at all the old shootout pics and remember the good times. =) I can't make it this year either. I have a crap ton of shit I have to do for school that weekend and I'll be an extra 6 hours in the wrong direction from Norwalk. Maybe we can have a Michigan meet before the end of summer? Talk to some of the guys up there and see what we can set up. Since chicago is being a bunch of douches =P

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratorxcasbonxMay-24-07 04:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#252, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 2

Well perhaps not a 'Chicagoland' meet, but I may look into trying to throw another one like I did a couple summers ago. It's centralized and people from chitown, michigan, indy...etc will all travel around the same distance for the most part.

Kent, like Terry said...it's usually the only chance we can all get together in person and hangout, get drunk, check out all the races and whatever else. Thats enough encouragement for me to go.

I contributed to the Wiki.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMay-25-07 05:07 PM
8331 posts,
#254, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Kent, no worries.. you can just look at all the old shootout pics and remember the good times. =) I can't make it this year either. I have a crap ton of shit I have to do for school that weekend and I'll be an extra 6 hours in the wrong direction from Norwalk. Maybe we can have a Michigan meet before the end of summer? Talk to some of the guys up there and see what we can set up. Since chicago is being a bunch of douches =P

Dont even give me that asshole. Your 50% of the reason we arent having one because everytime i try to set one up you cry and whine because you have plans to suck on some fucking cock you met at the gay bar. just send your mom, I bet she is more fun than you anyway.

See kent.....right there is a reason to go. Dont go and you will end up gobbling cock just like stanley.

whodatt1Jun-05-07 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#264, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 Kent, no worries.. you can just look at all the old shootout pics and remember the good times. =) I can't make it this year either. I have a crap ton of shit I have to do for school that weekend and I'll be an extra 6 hours in the wrong direction from Norwalk. Maybe we can have a Michigan meet before the end of summer? Talk to some of the guys up there and see what we can set up. Since chicago is being a bunch of douches =P
Dont even give me that asshole. Your 50% of the reason we arent having one because everytime i try to set one up you cry and whine because you have plans to suck on some fucking cock you met at the gay bar. just send your mom, I bet she is more fun than you anyway. See kent.....right there is a reason to go. Dont go and you will end up gobbling cock just like stanley.

HAHAHA....SNAP!

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-25-07 08:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#253, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by micyek
I don't know guys...I'm on the fence on weather I'm going to go this year.

Nobody wants you there anyway, Gomer.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamXtremeRSJun-13-07 06:39 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#265, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 4

Kent, you are going. End of discussion.

Whats up with all the people bailing out this year? I dont care what has to be done, i'm making every shootout.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Diceman19Jun-13-07 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#266, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Kent, you are going. End of discussion. Whats up with all the people bailing out this year? I dont care what has to be done, i'm making every shootout.

are you quiting your job and getting a divorce?

i'll be there.

btw, someone PM me chris's address. that FG aint replyin to my PM's and i need to get on planning this trip.

TeametxJun-13-07 01:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#268, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 8

If you don't go I'm gonna drive out to GR and kick you the fuck apart. How about that?

ModeratormicyekJun-14-07 01:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#270, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by etx
If you don't go I'm gonna drive out to GR and kick you the fuck apart. How about that?

Heh...well in that case....

Oh wait...I'm not scared. Only Because I'm living in the Lansing area now

I'll probably go...unless I'm moving into a new house or something. I'm already bailing out on my wife this weekend to go to that Corvette show while she moves our stuff from our place in Howard City into storage. LOL

getty up

-kent-

TeametxJun-19-07 10:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#276, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by etx If you don't go I'm gonna drive out to GR and kick you the fuck apart. How about that?
Heh...well in that case.... Oh wait...I'm not scared. Only Because I'm living in the Lansing area now I'll probably go...unless I'm moving into a new house or something. I'm already bailing out on my wife this weekend to go to that Corvette show while she moves our stuff from our place in Howard City into storage. LOL

Hah! Even closer to me! I'll come out and give you a friendly head butt if you don't show up in Norwalk!

2gtalon420aJun-13-07 09:14 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2007
30 posts,
#267, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 0

you should def go had very fun time last feew years

soulcontrollerJun-18-07 08:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#271, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 9

i need someone to drink with in a wife beater, so you're going.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-18-07 10:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#272, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 12

What? The myriad of chicks draping all over you isn't enough, Matt?

Fuck, now *I* need a reason.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Moderator992gntJun-19-07 06:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#273, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by DarkOne
Fuck, now *I* need a reason.

I will be there and we will get shit faced, and I'll bring my Patron. 2 good reasons right there...

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

TeamDR1665Jun-19-07 09:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#274, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by 992gnt
Originally posted by DarkOne Fuck, now *I* need a reason.
I will be there and we will get shit faced, and I'll bring my Patron. 2 good reasons right there...

The trick will be getting Dino and Thura into your hotel room before you actually check in. Man. That would be some funny shit right there.

Sucks that I can't make it this year.

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-19-07 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#275, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by 992gnt
Originally posted by DarkOne Fuck, now *I* need a reason.
The trick will be getting Dino and Thura into your hotel room before you actually check in. Man. That would be some funny shit right there. Sucks that I can't make it this year.

I thought T wasn't gonna make it this year either. Who's going to step up and be the drunk guy on the ground lol!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-19-07 03:13 PM
8331 posts,
#277, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 16

Fuck, If i make it, might as well be me. Nobody is going this year. gonna be hard to actually want to go. people are dropping off like flies.

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-19-07 04:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#278, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 18
Jun-19-07 04:35 PM by eclipzGST

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Fuck, If i make it, might as well be me. Nobody is going this year. gonna be hard to actually want to go. people are dropping off like flies.

I'm going to reevaluate my financial status (ie: beg my wife) and see if I can swing it. I need a break...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-19-07 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#279, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by eclipzGST
I'm going to reevaluate my financial status (ie: beg my wife) and see if I can swing it. I need a break...

Do it. Seriously.

ModeratoreclipzGSTJun-19-07 07:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#280, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 20

I'm not going to say it's a definite until I know for SURE...

When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

Moderator992gntJun-22-07 05:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#292, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by DR1665
The trick will be getting Dino and Thura into your hotel room before you actually check in. Man. That would be some funny shit right there. Sucks that I can't make it this year.

That would be funny as hell, but I don't know if the old ticker could take that twice in one year!

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

OldGuyJun-24-07 06:54 AM
Member since May 04th 2003
1077 posts,
#293, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 22

If the above mentioned reasons aren't enough, I'll be there. I been told I was going come hell or high water. Think the other half wants to get rid of me! I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet with you guys again!

Looks like 10 or so of the SoVA guys will be there too...

Enough reasons yet?

Just do it!

So now at 44 what the hell do I do?

TeametxJul-30-07 04:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#346, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 23

So Kent you coming or not? Say No and see what happens! I'll kick you apart!!

ModeratormicyekJul-31-07 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#349, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 24
Jul-31-07 08:19 AM by micyek

It's not looking good guys. We might be closing on our new house that Friday. If that's the case I will be moving all weekend

If we close the next weekend I'll go. That's when the closing is tentatively scheduled anyway. But my wife is really nagging to get out of my dads house.

getty up

-kent-

TeamAvengerJul-31-07 09:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#350, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 25

Lame excuse. I'm closing the weekend before and I'm still driving my ass from Texas. Please try again

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

OldGuyAug-03-07 12:56 AM
Member since May 04th 2003
1077 posts,
#352, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 26

Hell I'm on Jury duty for the Circuit Court and I am going! THe judge said "Sure go ahead!" I just have to make sure I am there on Tuesday for the Trial!

I am already sorry that I missed the fun last year! I don't want to be sorry to miss all the folks that I haven't met up with yet! Please do whatever it takes?!

So now at 44 what the hell do I do?

TeametxAug-03-07 03:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#354, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 27

Whatever Kent. Don't get mad when 26 ninjas show up and kick you apart.

Fuck houses, we got cars dude.

soulcontrollerAug-05-07 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#357, "RE: Need some encouragement to go."
In response to Reply # 28

hyper ninja donkey punch

ModeratormicyekAug-08-07 02:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#360, "I'm out :/"
In response to Reply # 0

It's official...I was holding out hope up until about 9:00 PM last night. Even going as far as tearing the front bumper of booger yesterday afternoon, and getting a good start on mounting my FMIC...finally. And by the time the SO comes around in week and a half I should have an operational in-car PC.

But word came in with my wife when she got home from work that we are closing on our house on the 17th. Since the house is brand new we have immediate occupancy and will be moving during the weekend. My wife is super excited about this and If I were to bail on her it wouldn't be good. And you know what they say.."Happy wife, Happy life" LOL. She owes me a BIG garage addition or a pole barn for this one. LOL

So, next year guys...I'll be there. Have fun and drink one for me. I'm sure I'll be missing out on a good time.

getty up

-kent-

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-08-07 02:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#361, "RE: I'm out :/"
In response to Reply # 30

That's too bad.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamAvengerAug-08-07 06:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#363, "RE: I'm out :/"
In response to Reply # 30

She owes me a BIG garage addition or a pole barn for this one.

Forget the pole barn ... tell her you want a pole in the bedroom!

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

ModeratormicyekAug-08-07 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#369, "RE: I'm out :/"
In response to Reply # 32

Originally posted by micyek She owes me a BIG garage addition or a pole barn for this one.
Forget the pole barn ... tell her you want a pole in the bedroom!

That was in the purchase agreement:

"Builder to install Stripper Pole in Master Bedroom and provide buyer with 5 gallons of brass polish."

getty up

-kent-

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-08-07 10:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#372, "RE: I'm out :/"
In response to Reply # 33

"Builder to install Stripper Pole in Master Bedroom and provide buyer with 5 gallons of brass polish."

Warning: Brass polish can cause labial irritation.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2007 DSM Shootout topic #249 Previous topic | Next topic