Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #6158
View in linear mode

Subject: "What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Mar-24-06 01:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6158, "What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"

Mine was today I was driving home from work and a little farther up in the traffic I saw this rear end (obviously not this exact one)

Anyways, I've never seen an exotic up close on the road and it was the coolest thing getting to drive next to this guy for 5-10 minutes and hearing that engine, god I wish I had my camera with me.

Well that's my coolest sighting ever, lets hear about some of yours

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, MitsuEclipseGS, Mar-24-06 01:46 PM, #1
RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, jsupetran, Mar-24-06 02:32 PM, #2
RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, EclipseSix, Mar-24-06 02:32 PM, #3
      RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Nine5eclipse03, Mar-24-06 03:09 PM, #4
           RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Hult250R, Mar-24-06 03:27 PM, #5
                RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, fauchpj, Mar-24-06 03:35 PM, #6
                     RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, sonikbewm, Mar-24-06 03:42 PM, #7
                          RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, injendsm, Mar-24-06 04:25 PM, #8
                               RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, selmerguy2003, Mar-24-06 05:36 PM, #9
                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, injendsm, Mar-24-06 05:43 PM, #10
                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, EvMan2345, Mar-24-06 06:06 PM, #11
                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-24-06 06:24 PM, #12
                                         RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Hult250R, Mar-25-06 06:41 AM, #22
                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, nonamerat, Mar-24-06 07:57 PM, #13
                                         RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, SpreadEagle, Mar-24-06 08:19 PM, #14
                                              RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, swedish1, Mar-24-06 08:58 PM, #15
                                                   RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, 96rs-t, Mar-24-06 09:27 PM, #16
                                                        RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, TeamJeff_99gs, Mar-24-06 11:14 PM, #17
                                                             RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, WIDECLIPSE, Mar-25-06 02:22 AM, #18
                                                             RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Mar-25-06 04:05 AM, #19
                                                                  RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, boosted60trimrst, Mar-25-06 04:18 AM, #20
                                                                  RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, totaleklipse97, Mar-25-06 05:17 AM, #21
                                                             RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Hult250R, Mar-25-06 06:43 AM, #23
                                                                  RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, FunRS, Mar-25-06 02:05 PM, #24
                                                                       RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, SILVERNT, Mar-25-06 02:33 PM, #25
                                                                            RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Murfsmaster, Mar-26-06 01:33 AM, #26
                                                                                 RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Doug96GS, Mar-26-06 04:18 AM, #27
                                                                                      RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, coppereclipse95, Mar-26-06 05:26 AM, #28
                                                                                           RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, EclipseRST, Mar-26-06 06:38 AM, #29
                                                                                                RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, TeamDR1665, Mar-26-06 07:15 AM, #30
                                                                                                     RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, burntheblobs, Mar-26-06 07:50 AM, #31
                                                                                                     RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, edxmon, Mar-26-06 08:09 AM, #32
                                                                                                          RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, sonikbewm, Mar-26-06 01:15 PM, #33
                                                                                                               RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Pitchblack98, Mar-26-06 06:09 PM, #34
                                                                                                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Moderatorcs82685, Mar-27-06 02:44 PM, #35
                                                                                                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Doug96GS, Mar-27-06 05:31 PM, #36
                                                                                                                         RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Pitchblack98, Mar-27-06 05:56 PM, #37
                                                                                                                              RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, 95greenhrcgs, Mar-27-06 07:24 PM, #38
                                                                                                                                   RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Dualgen2, Mar-28-06 03:19 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                   RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, CustomGS, Mar-28-06 06:45 AM, #40
                                                                                                     RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Dualgen2, Mar-29-06 02:49 AM, #44
                                    RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Initial DSM, Mar-28-06 07:22 AM, #41
                                         RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, GorkoRacing, Mar-28-06 08:29 AM, #42
                                              RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, ModeratorVX100, Mar-28-06 02:28 PM, #43
                                                   RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Moderatorcs82685, Mar-30-06 02:55 AM, #45
                                                        RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, 9597ShadowClipse, Mar-30-06 06:13 PM, #46
                                                             RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, ModeratorVX100, Apr-02-06 07:00 AM, #47
                                                             RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, sonikbewm, Apr-02-06 02:10 PM, #48
                                                                  RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, TeamDR1665, Apr-03-06 06:47 AM, #49
                                                             RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Dualgen2, Apr-03-06 07:12 AM, #50
                                                                  RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, TeamDR1665, Apr-04-06 06:27 AM, #51
                                                                       RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, Dualgen2, Apr-04-06 08:14 AM, #52
                                                                            RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?, slowmitsu, Apr-04-06 09:59 AM, #53

MitsuEclipseGSMar-24-06 01:46 PM
Member since Dec 30th 2003
375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6159, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 0

I liked seeing a Ford GT on the road. That was pretty nice.
-Todd

Star Stage II, Greddy Type S, ADFX 3" DP, blah blah blah

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsupetranMar-24-06 02:32 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#6162, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 1

A red Ferari Modena driven by a 70 years old, complete with him hunching over the wheel.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

EclipseSixMar-24-06 02:32 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
#6163, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 1

lemme search for a pic, it was dark so i don't know if i'll find the exact same one

k, i'm almost positive it was this, i got to drive next to it on a twqo lane road for about 20 minutes, and he wanted to race. Little did he know I had a 140 hp non turbo eclipse that runs like low 17s, haha. I was flattered, another reason why DSM's are such a sexy car.

This thing was sooo cool to drive next to. And when he floored it to fuck with me he flew forward like 4 car lengths in one burst, it was sweet.

Nine5eclipse03Mar-24-06 03:09 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#6167, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 3

Theres an orange lotus elise that i see every once in a while, the owner lives near me, but i'm not sure exactly where. Ive seen it like three tiems, and they were all sundays lol. Also, a friend of mine's step dad owns a 67? shelby mustang, completely restored, runs it at the track twice a year, last year ran an 8.87

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

Hult250RMar-24-06 03:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#6168, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 4

Silver Lotus Elise, Lives not too far from me.
a Ford GT a few times, and a buddy of mine has one (a Ford GT) too. along with 6 other mustangs, Including 2 Mach 1's

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

fauchpjMar-24-06 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#6169, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 5

ive seen a delorean in a driveway in my hometown. went and talked to the guy who owned it. also saw one when i was in school on campus. pretty rare to see one where i went to school

sonikbewmMar-24-06 03:42 PM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#6170, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 6

Lamborghini Diablo, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari 360 Spyder, Ferrari Testarrosa, Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, etc.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

injendsmMar-24-06 04:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#6173, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 7

ive seen way more than my fair share of exotics so i like it when i get to see a nice shelby cobra or an old hotrod on the road.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

selmerguy2003Mar-24-06 05:36 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2005
288 posts,
#6175, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 8

I saw the bang bus driving threw south Fl. once. Stupid tinted windows!!!!!

injendsmMar-24-06 05:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#6176, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by selmerguy2003

lol, that's awesome.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

EvMan2345Mar-24-06 06:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#6179, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 10

ive seen everything- my city is next to greenwich ct- ive seen enzo's lamborghinis, bugattis, bentleys, etc... the coolest thing ive seen was the weinermobile that was in town last year for some museum show.

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

95_ESi_PersonMar-24-06 06:24 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#6180, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 11

I've seen the Lambo's on the road, I've seen the Ferrari's, passed a Porche on the highway (I was speeding, old man wasn't).

BUT... the COOLEST thing I saw on the road was a 86 Grand National, and my old neighbors 1970 Mach 1 just sitting at the stop sign with the engine roaring and smoke billowing from the rear tires.

Hult250RMar-25-06 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#6218, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
BUT... the COOLEST thing I saw on the road was a 86 Grand National,

my buddy's got an 86 that runs low 11's and an 87 with 38,000 original miles on it Theyre awesome cars I wanna get one when I become rich Lol

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

nonameratMar-24-06 07:57 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
#6189, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 10

I've seen a lot, but I'd have to say the rarest would be a F50. Coolest, Lotus Esprit, I love those cars.

SpreadEagleMar-24-06 08:19 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
#6191, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 13

I've seen plenty of modern exotics around, and lots of killer vintage stuff in the summer because of the Good Guys show here, but a couple of the rarest I've seen on the road were a LM002 and a Vector W8. There's a 959 here in town but I've never seen it out on the street.

swedish1Mar-24-06 08:58 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2005
48 posts,
#6194, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 14

Living in L.A I see my fair share of sweet cars!
Last saturday I took a cruise down PCH, saw a Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari 360 Modena, Couple of corvettes, and A Ac cobra

Sweet

VROOM VROOM VROOOM!"'

1995 RS, with Pacesetter header, Custom made 2.5inch exhaust with K&N Tip and a Ebay Intake with a K&N Filter.

96rs-tMar-24-06 09:27 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#6199, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 15

old school Rolls-Royce

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

TeamJeff_99gsMar-24-06 11:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#6200, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 16

Yep, being in LA desensitizes you to seeing cool cars. The coolest I've seen since being here though would be the Twin Turbo Diablo SVT. It was purple with the SVT written on the side and a "Twin Turbo" written right next to that. I looked in the engine bay and saw a shitload of IC pipes and two massive intercoolers under the rear of the car. That was pretty cool.

WIDECLIPSEMar-25-06 02:22 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#6201, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 17

Ferrari 360, Mercielago, Ford GT, and a Maybach. The coolest car, imo, I've ever seen was this chicks Skyline GTR R34, but it was at Nopi so I guess that doesn't count.

-Roman

ModeratorxcasbonxMar-25-06 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#6203, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 18

Saw a Rolls Royce Phantom roll through town last week...that car has BOSS written all over it heh.

I see a Bentley Arnage, or Continental GT almost 2 to 3 times a week due to the previous owner of the company I work for driving it to work here and there.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

boosted60trimrstMar-25-06 04:18 AM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#6204, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 19

i see exotic cars everyday by me only cuz i live in howard beach ,new york . rich mafia mother fuckers . the nicest tho , either a delorean or the mclaren f1 i saw .

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

totaleklipse97Mar-25-06 05:17 AM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#6210, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Saw a Rolls Royce Phantom roll through town last week...that car has BOSS written all over it heh. I see a Bentley Arnage, or Continental GT almost 2 to 3 times a week due to the previous owner of the company I work for driving it to work here and there. http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

Yes Mr. Noble used to come into my work every weekend that I worked in the Continental GT. That was always a nice visit. That and he would drive the old Silver Bentley in quite often over the summer. Other than that I've seen 2 different Enzo's a few Lambo's and a Viper Srt-10 supercharged. That mother fucker sounds fucking amazing!!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

Hult250RMar-25-06 06:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#6219, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
two massive intercoolers under the rear of the car.

Thats awesome!!!

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque

FunRSMar-25-06 02:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#6234, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 23

Ok lot of nice cars but have any of you driven them? I've driven two GT's and a bunch of vipers. It's nice to work at an export shop. I only wish they would let me do a smokey brunout in the GT.

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

SILVERNTMar-25-06 02:33 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#6235, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by FunRS
Ok lot of nice cars but have any of you driven them? I've driven two GT's and a bunch of vipers. It's nice to work at an export shop. I only wish they would let me do a smokey brunout in the GT.

driven an Aston Martin Vanquish. Customer of mine. One amazing vehicle. An RSX-S actually had the nerve to rev at it. I laughed. Its amazing how cocky those cars make you.

MurfsmasterMar-26-06 01:33 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
175 posts,
#6252, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 25

Hahaha, here in Milwaukee, we have no exotic cars. The best i see up here are Z06's and Vipers. Unless you count the Bucks players and their cars but they can only be seen at a private lot on game nights.
But this one time while I was with my best friend in Illinois, we saw a Ford GT and decided to run it down. My buddy litteraly ran 2 red lights and sped like crazy to catch up to it. But, at least for me, it was well worth it. The exhaust tone on that thing is absolutely sexy and the rear tires are wider than two of mine put side by side. And it was an older man driving with his wife. My buddy decided to rev at him in his LT1 Transam. The guy looked over, smiled and just whooped on my buddies car from a stop. It was the only loss where i was smiling the whole time. Other than that though, i haven't had the luxury of seeing any far out there cars.

Doug96GSMar-26-06 04:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#6262, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 26
Mar-26-06 04:20 AM by Doug96GS

Probably the rarest exotic that I've ever seen was a real Viper GTS-R. I'm not even sure how many of them that Dodge made, but I saw one parked in a lot off of Rt. 17N in Mahwah, NJ. I was driving next to a Porshe RUF CTR-2 on my way home from work about 2 months ago. I let this guy get in front of me to merge onto the highway and as soon as we hit the highway he took off. I'm talking city blocks in a matter of seconds. It was pretty much the most awesome thing that I've ever seen.

coppereclipse95Mar-26-06 05:26 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#6265, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 27
Mar-26-06 05:27 AM by coppereclipse95

The coolest has to be F40 in downtown Tokyo/Japan, my dream car. I also saw about 50 GTRs in Tochigi, Japan (I believe it was a Skyline meeting). I did try to catch up to a Carrera GT in Atlanta, but it was too fast for my Hemi Ram that I was driving.

1995 Eclipse RS

EclipseRSTMar-26-06 06:38 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#6271, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 28

The sexiest of the sexy, the Ferrari F50 up in Chicago. Those things sound so good.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

TeamDR1665Mar-26-06 07:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6275, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 29

My neighbor's buddy has a lime green fox body 5.0 with twin GT28s on it. Pizza cutters up front. Mickeys out back. 600whp on the cheap. Does not sound like any Mustang I've ever heard. In fact, does not move like any Mustang I've ever heard. LOL.

Exotics are hardly exotic in Scottsdale. I mean, I work two minutes drive from the following dealerships: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, BMW, Benz, and even Land Rover (maybe I'll stop in and see if they're looking for anyone, Dave).

burntheblobsMar-26-06 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#6276, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 30

I saw a ferrari today. A lamborghini yesterday, another lanborghini the day before, and a Ford GT about a week ago. woughters.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

edxmonMar-26-06 08:09 AM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#6278, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 31

pff i dont see shit around here, i saw a bentley once, man to the guy who saw the Vanquish...dude ur my hero, i which i could say ide even touched one of those! i love Aston Martins!

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

sonikbewmMar-26-06 01:15 PM
4011 posts,
#6297, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 32
Mar-26-06 01:16 PM by sonikbewm

I completely forgot the coolest exotic that I have seen in Wichita. I even got to sit in it. Brand new Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren. Fucking badass. A guy I work with friends' dad just bought it and he brought it by the bank.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Pitchblack98Mar-26-06 06:09 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#6318, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 33

LOL I drive by a ferrari dealership and a Lamborghini dealership on my way to work everyday. So I dont really notice cars like that anymore.

My coolest sighting was an Enzo that passed me on the highway about 1am. He had to of been going atleast 140 when he passed me. I was running 80 and I never saw him coming up on me. Only saw him after he passed me. Scared the hell outta me at first. I was kinda surprised by it.

Moderatorcs82685Mar-27-06 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#6373, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 34

damn a lot of people here have seen some nice cars. I envy everyone that's seen a GT because even though it's a ford, it's my dream car

Doug96GSMar-27-06 05:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#6386, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 34

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
LOL I drive by a ferrari dealership and a Lamborghini dealership on my way to work everyday. So I dont really notice cars like that anymore. My coolest sighting was an Enzo that passed me on the highway about 1am. He had to of been going atleast 140 when he passed me. I was running 80 and I never saw him coming up on me. Only saw him after he passed me. Scared the hell outta me at first. I was kinda surprised by it.

It wasn't that clown in Cali that split his Enzo in 2 and blamed it on some phantom driver was it?

Pitchblack98Mar-27-06 05:56 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#6390, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 36

lol no This guy lives close to me. I see him driving his enzo quite often. Havnt seen it lately since its winters, but I imagine Ill see it soon now that the weather is getting warmer. I try and get a pic of it next time I see it.

95greenhrcgsMar-27-06 07:24 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#6397, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 37

Seen Diablo's, an Aston Martin DB9,7 or Vanquish, something like that, A Bentley Turbo R, Noble, Carrera GT, 959, a few Ferrari's, Lotus Esprit TT V-8, Vipers, The Autothority Porsche 996 TT that was in Car and Driver, and a few others that I am sure I forgot.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dualgen2Mar-28-06 03:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#6405, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 38
Mar-28-06 03:21 AM by Dualgen2

Since everyone is rich here I have pretty much seen everything. Lots of Ferrari's and Lambo's, DB9, DB7, modded GT2's, GT3, auto authority 996 TT w/ around 700HP, Continental GT/Flying Spur, old TVR, Shelby Cobra, Phantom, Ford GT's, K1 Attack kit car and the Ultima (supercharged V-8 in a 2200 pound car). Ultima GTR - http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/videos.html
http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/downloads.html

Cars I just missed - a Carrera GT was delivered to the Porsche dealership next to mine and my friend had called me but it was picked up before I could get over there. Also a customer here that I bought a car to had a neighbor w/ a McLarean SLR but we walked over and it wasn't there. Must of been joy riding. Saw a couple Porsches and Ferrari's though.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

CustomGSMar-28-06 06:45 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6419, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 39

I have 2 lotus elise's buy me. 1 Blue and 1 florescent green. And just passed a new murcialago this morning. Ferrari 360 Spyder i see all the time. I had my 95 LT1 Camaro when i saw the murcialogo. I wanted to see what it actually could do but there was two much traffic.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Dualgen2Mar-29-06 02:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#6481, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 30
Mar-29-06 02:51 AM by Dualgen2

Land Rover (maybe I'll stop in and see if they're looking for anyone, Dave).

GOOD MAN! I'm actually thinking about calling other land rover dealers in the country. Haven't gotten much done cause it's been so crazy here.

EDIT: Also Jeff, Cali sounds awesome. I can't believe you saw a TT Diablo. Also I never thought anyone would see a McLaren F1 in person. so sexy. I wanna be rich.

Initial DSMMar-28-06 07:22 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#6423, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by selmerguy2003

^^^^ WINNER

GorkoRacingMar-28-06 08:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#6427, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 41

In my town in little ol Alabama I've seen:

Ferrari F40
Ferrari 355 spider
Ferrari 456 (i think thats it?)
Ferrari testerossa
ferrari 328s and 308s
ferrari modena
lamborgini diablo
lamborgini countach
Bentley continental gts
some other bentleys
lots of rolls royces
my friends grandmother has a shed with a limited edition rolls royce from the 2nd year they were made. Its a convertible and white. a phantom 2 corsair springfield edition or something like that
3 lotus elises (green with gold rims touring package, silver sports package and a new guy with a red one)
lotus esprit
vipers galore (secretary i work with has one)
there are 3-4 deloreans in town (for fauch and the other back to the future fans)
Seen a few of the v12 mercedes that cost like 180k
oh yes and there is an all silver shelby series 1 in town (drool)

ModeratorVX100Mar-28-06 02:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#6449, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 42
Mar-28-06 02:34 PM by VX100

The COOLEST, well that would be a new Ferrari F430, but I wasn't driving I was walking, and it was WERE I was walking is what made it cool. It was my First day in Italy in Rome, just outside the Vatican. (pictures available upon request)

I saw a few more Ferraris and Lambos out there too, no other pictures. But I do have pics of a 1st gen DSM in Rome and a Mitsu 3000GT up in northern Italy.

As for back in America....

I saw a 911 turbo on the highway on my way to work one morning last year (before winter of course).

I saw a Ferrari F360 just outside of work while I was walking to get lunch. I heard it approachng and turned around saying "Ferrari" out loud because I knew the sound of that engine, and I was right.

I think it was last year I saw Lotus in Waltham on Moody Street or on RTE. 20.

Once on my way to work I saw an older Rolls Royce one time. It looked like maybe it was from the 80s or so.

At the drag strip naturally I have seen some Porsches and Ferraris but they are rare. Most people don't want to race them because they're afraid of damaging them but the chances on a street night or import event are very low that this would happen, not that I haven't seen a crash or two...

One guy down the street owned a Viper, but I haven't seen that car around in a long while. Either he's got it in hiding for the winter or he had to sell it.

Out here Corvettes are popular so when the weather is nice you see some old restored ones which look great.

Not much else besides that (at least off the top of my head). Just your garden variety expensive cars... tons of AMG mercedes actually (I guess they are popular near Boston)

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Moderatorcs82685Mar-30-06 02:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#6537, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 43

just saw a de lorean on the ride in to work, i personally don't think they're the greatest looking but they are pretty rare to see

9597ShadowClipseMar-30-06 06:13 PM
Member since Aug 01st 2005
23 posts,
#6587, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 45

On my way to school one day, I had the honor of lining up with a beautiful, black 3000GT VR4 Spyder. It was absolutely astonishing because I thought I'd never see one of those cars in person. There's also a couple people around here with Vipers, and one with a Ford GT.
I also saw a middle-aged woman driving a pink Corvette C6 today. It was... Strangely attractive. :p

-Beck

ModeratorVX100Apr-02-06 07:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#6694, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 46

Originally posted by 9597ShadowClipse
I also saw a middle-aged woman driving a pink Corvette C6 today. It was... Strangely attractive. :p

Which, the middle aged woman or the pink corvette? heh heh

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

sonikbewmApr-02-06 02:10 PM
4011 posts,
#6705, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 47

Well, now I have another "coolest car sighting" entry. Yesterday some old dude blew past me in a bright red Ferrari F50. The sound of that car was amazing!

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

TeamDR1665Apr-03-06 06:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6753, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 48

Okay. This morning, on my way to work, I saw not one, but TWO black Aston Martins carving their way through traffic. Let me tell you, next to a Carerra GT, you just can't beat that exhaust. Silk. Pure silk.

After they went by, it wasn't five minutes before I saw one of these guys...

Sometimes, it's cool to live near a bunch of testing areas.

Dualgen2Apr-03-06 07:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#6757, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 46

Originally posted by 9597ShadowClipse
On my way to school one day, I had the honor of lining up with a beautiful, black 3000GT VR4 Spyder. It was absolutely astonishing because I thought I'd never see one of those cars in person.

I love Spyders. At our east coast gathering there were like 6 of them. When we went on our cruise it was so amazing seeing all the colors to. Black, white, red and yellow. You should see a Spyder w/ the 99 front end conv. So sexy.

TeamDR1665Apr-04-06 06:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#6830, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 50

Another multiple car sighting in Scottsdale! LOL.

On a side road this morning on my way to work, I spotted an unmarked semi trailer unloading FOUR of these. All in black. Two parked directly behind the trailer with their hazards flashing, one coming down the ramp, and one still up top inside. They all had blue, Michigan, manufacturer tags and it was pretty damn cool to see.

How much money do you think this was, just sitting on the side of the road?

Dualgen2Apr-04-06 08:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#6839, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 51

Another multiple car sighting in Scottsdale! LOL. On a side road this morning on my way to work, I spotted an unmarked semi trailer unloading FOUR of these. All in black. Two parked directly behind the trailer with their hazards flashing, one coming down the ramp, and one still up top inside. They all had blue, Michigan, manufacturer tags and it was pretty damn cool to see. How much money do you think this was, just sitting on the side of the road?

a mil? One time we had to shuttle cars to a new site at work and we were all driving Range Rovers. Probably had about 10 of them in a line driving down the main strip in my city. It was crazy seeing that many cars in a line that all start at $76650.

slowmitsuApr-04-06 09:59 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#6843, "RE: What's your coolest car sighting while on the road?"
In response to Reply # 52

I saw a DB7 parked next to a 360 Spyder yesterday.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #6158 Previous topic | Next topic