Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2462
View in linear mode

Subject: "How am I still alive?" Previous topic | Next topic
shazow1969Feb-05-06 04:12 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2462, "How am I still alive?"

Well I just finally got home to NY after a year in Iraq. In July last summer while on R&R I managed to flip my Eclipse 12 hours before flying back to the sandbox. Well yesterday I finally got to see the destruction done to the car first hand as I began stripping down the car to get the parts and such that are still good or that I need for my new car. Well I'll post up pictures later today after I take some but I'm still trying to figure out how My fiencee and I walked away from this car. Well only explanation is that god had his hand on us that day and I am very thankful to still be here instead of being a statistic.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How am I still alive?, Moderatorcs82685, Feb-05-06 04:28 AM, #1
RE: How am I still alive?, SILVERNT, Feb-05-06 06:30 AM, #2
      RE: How am I still alive?, shazow1969, Feb-05-06 04:19 PM, #3
           RE: How am I still alive?, WIDECLIPSE, Feb-05-06 05:00 PM, #4
                RE: How am I still alive?, ScreaminE, Feb-05-06 05:37 PM, #5
                     RE: How am I still alive?, Blizare, Feb-05-06 05:58 PM, #6
                          RE: How am I still alive?, Diceman19, Feb-05-06 07:49 PM, #7
                          RE: How am I still alive?, TeamDR1665, Feb-05-06 08:11 PM, #9
                          RE: How am I still alive?, Malenko, Feb-05-06 07:49 PM, #8
                               RE: How am I still alive?, cougar694u, Feb-06-06 03:56 AM, #10
                                    RE: How am I still alive?, Malenko, Feb-06-06 07:34 AM, #11
                                         RE: How am I still alive?, 95greenhrcgs, Feb-06-06 08:19 AM, #12
                                         RE: How am I still alive?, Moderatormicyek, Feb-06-06 08:29 AM, #13
                                         RE: How am I still alive?, cougar694u, Feb-06-06 08:33 AM, #14
                                              RE: How am I still alive?, shazow1969, Feb-06-06 04:42 PM, #15
                                                   RE: How am I still alive?, swedish1, Feb-06-06 06:27 PM, #16
                                                        RE: How am I still alive?, EclipseTenzoR, Feb-07-06 12:46 PM, #17

Moderatorcs82685Feb-05-06 04:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2463, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome home. Good to hear you made it back safely. i was startin to wonder, since you had posted about wanting to by a few things and i never heard back from you after I pm'd you.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SILVERNTFeb-05-06 06:30 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#2466, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 1

thank you for your service! Glad to see you made it back ok.

shazow1969Feb-05-06 04:19 PM
466 posts,
#2488, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 2
Feb-05-06 04:20 PM by shazow1969

Thanks guys. Proud to serve. Here's the pics I promised earlier. Man these pics don't even begin to show how bad the car looks in person. Asa note I have tons of parts from the interior and under the hood that I no longer need that I stripped from the car so ask and I may just have it.

-Kevin

WIDECLIPSEFeb-05-06 05:00 PM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#2495, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 3

........ You're definately here for a reason. Thanks for the protection.

-Roman

ScreaminEFeb-05-06 05:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#2496, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 4

Didnt you completely smash up your old car too?

BlizareFeb-05-06 05:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#2499, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 5

Too bad your stupid president is still fighting a dumbass war and you I'm sorry you had to be a part of it. But of course, glad your back in one piece.

poor car

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Diceman19Feb-05-06 07:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2521, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Blizare
Too bad your stupid president is still fighting a dumbass war and you I'm sorry you had to be a part of it. But of course, glad your back in one piece. poor car

i say let the middle east kill everyone of each other, but that is not what this thread is about.

TeamDR1665Feb-05-06 08:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#2534, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Diceman19
i say let the middle east kill everyone of each other, but that is not what this thread is about.

I say we pull all our troops out of the middle east... right before we glass-over the entire region and install automated machines to pump all the oil for shipment over here, but that's not what this thread is about.

I'm glad to hear of another 2GNTer coming home safely after serving. Thank you. I think the focal point of the damage energy was the Altezzas. A lot of people don't know this, but the particulate alignment of the neutrons in the plastic from which Altezzas are made is molecularly charged with a BOHICA property that attracts bad luck.

It's true!

MalenkoFeb-05-06 07:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#2522, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 6

got exhaust manifold studs and bolts. Ive paid like 5 people for a set over the last 6 months and have yet to get any.

Also, wow, thats one totalled eclipse. God was definately on your side, even if you did have altezzas. Glad to see your back, and back in one fully functioning piece.

cougar694uFeb-06-06 03:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#2546, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Malenko
God was definately on your side, even if you did have altezzas.

Those are TYC's.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

MalenkoFeb-06-06 07:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#2565, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by cougar694u
Originally posted by Malenko God was definately on your side, even if you did have altezzas.
Those are TYC's.

ok... TYC Altezzas? They are called that because of the Toyota Altezza that introduced that "style" (and I use that word loosely) not because of a manufacterer like TYC, Matrix,etc Basically by Altezza I meant "ugly not stock tail lights" =)

95greenhrcgsFeb-06-06 08:19 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#2570, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 11

Sad to see an Everett Green Eclipse go like that! Thats what I drive, and I never see that color anymore.

Glad to hear that you are back into another Eclipse, and that you are back safely from the Sand!

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

ModeratormicyekFeb-06-06 08:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#2571, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 12

God hates Alteza's but loves you and your woman.

Thank you for your service.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

cougar694uFeb-06-06 08:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#2573, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Malenko
They are called that because of the Toyota Altezza that introduced that "style" (and I use that word loosely) not because of a manufacterer like TYC, Matrix,etc Basically by Altezza I meant "ugly not stock tail lights" =)

Ah, noted. Funny, I like the TYC's, but can't stand altezza's.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

shazow1969Feb-06-06 04:42 PM
466 posts,
#2617, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 14

Matter of fact they were TYC's But that's not my doing those came with that car when I bought it from my cousin 3 years ago. I'm sticking with the stockers in my GS.
I'll be posting some pics of it once I get the running engine into it. As you can see from the pics above I have access to a lift, so dropping the engine out the bottom is so much easier than trying to pull it out the top.
Only thing holding me up right now is waiting on the UDP to arrive from Howell it was shipped saturday and will arrive tomorrow. For those interested I will be doing a writeup on the mechanical timing tensioner conversion with Pics after I have the car running.
Malenko I do have a set of studs, nuts, and bolts. What are they worth to you pm me a fair offer, and I'll send them out as soon as I can get them out of the head.

To every one who thanked me for serving and welcomed me home Proud to Serve and Thank You.

-Kevin

swedish1Feb-06-06 06:27 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2005
48 posts,
#2626, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 15

you got a VC?

VROOM VROOM VROOOM!"'

1995 RS, with Pacesetter header, Custom made 2.5inch exhaust with K&N Tip and a Ebay Intake with a K&N Filter.

EclipseTenzoRFeb-07-06 12:46 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#2678, "RE: How am I still alive?"
In response to Reply # 16

Glad to hear your ok, I had a friend flip is car off a cliff one 2 years ago and luckily he came out alright to. Makes me think the eclipse really is'nt as unsafe as many may say. Hope you are your fiance are doing well now after the accident. And enjoying your time together now that you are home. It sucks being away from the one you love I am currently away in A-School. What service are you in? You going back to the desert?

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #2462 Previous topic | Next topic