Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4895
View in linear mode

Subject: "broke rear stud!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
2GNTCUTIEDec-08-01 02:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
114 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4895, "broke rear stud!!!!"

question is how do I remove the rear drum? just use a mallet and tap it till it comes off? then how do i replace stud?

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Centerforce Stage 3 DF
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners
-Custom Short-Shifter
-Pimp Ass reupholstered F&R seats in red and white!!
-17" Enk

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: broke rear stud!!!!, ModeratorVX100, Dec-08-01 02:11 PM, #1
RE: broke rear stud!!!!, LoudEclipse, Dec-08-01 04:49 PM, #2
      RE: broke rear stud!!!!, 2GNTCUTIE, Dec-08-01 05:52 PM, #3
           RE: broke rear stud!!!!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Dec-08-01 05:58 PM, #4
                RE: broke rear stud!!!!, LoudEclipse, Dec-09-01 07:09 AM, #5
                     RE: broke rear stud!!!!, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Dec-11-01 02:33 AM, #6
                          RE: broke rear stud!!!!, Teameclipse804, Dec-14-01 12:22 AM, #7

ModeratorVX100Dec-08-01 02:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4896, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Once the wheel is off, tapping it with a mallet is all you have to do. The wheel holds the drum on the car.

As for the stud for the lug nut, you could try checking the on-line manuals. http://2gnt.technologic.org/

Unfortunately, I do not remember how to change them, but I think it isn't supposed to be too diffucult.

What happened, did you break a wheel stud?

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LoudEclipseDec-08-01 04:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#4897, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

wo0t!

i broke one of mine too, good thing my sisters boyfriend worked for goodyear, he can do anything

2GNTCUTIEDec-08-01 05:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
114 posts,
#4898, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

yep... i twisted two off the drivers side rear and one off the passenger side rear when I put my Enkeis on...I guess the factory wheels had never been off the back and those stud pretty much seized up.

95 Eclipse RS

-Ractive CAI
-Aerospeed 2.5" Cat-Back
-AFX UDP
-NGK Plugs
-Magnecore Wires
-Centerforce Stage 3 DF
-Front Strut Bar
-Clear Tails
-Clear Corners
-Custom Short-Shifter
-Pimp Ass reupholstered F&R seats in red and white!!
-17" Enk

ModeratorEvuLFleADec-08-01 05:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#4899, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

If you are lazy like me just go take it to a tire place and have them put new ones on for $20.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

LoudEclipseDec-09-01 07:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#4900, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

wo0t!
lazy alert, imo

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Dec-11-01 02:33 AM

#4901, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

everytime discount tire company removes my wheels they bust off a stud. Hell I am riding around AS you read this with one missing on my front passenger side. I just go to the local mechanic shop they have a deal with and pay nothing. They bill discount tire company when they fix them.

admin@dsmscene.com

Teameclipse804Dec-14-01 12:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#4902, "RE: broke rear stud!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Put some antiseize on the studs and it should help it from stripping or breaking. I learned after I stripped 3 of my studs on one wheel because I forced the wheel on...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #4895 Previous topic | Next topic