Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16653
View in linear mode

Subject: "Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?" Previous topic | Next topic
Sorry_i_WinMar-27-03 07:06 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16653, "Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"

Just won a bid on 4 springs & 2 tokico shocks on ebay...

S:US:6" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408174937&ssPageName=ADME: S:US:6

Kinda bought em by accident, but oh well... I have coilover springs already. What should I do with this stuff, and was this a decent price to pay for what I got?

Anyone have two rear shocks they wanna sell fairly cheap? I only wanna drop maybe 2-inches at most.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, BoostedGS, Mar-27-03 09:20 AM, #1
RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, fasterGS, Mar-27-03 09:49 AM, #2
      RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, BoostedGS, Mar-27-03 10:52 AM, #3
           RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, fasterGS, Mar-27-03 11:31 AM, #4
                RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, coClipse_97, Mar-27-03 11:34 AM, #5
                     RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, Sorry_i_Win, Mar-27-03 04:02 PM, #6
                          RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, fasterGS, Mar-27-03 05:10 PM, #7
                               RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, BoostedGS, Mar-28-03 04:26 AM, #8
                                    RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, Mystic511, Mar-28-03 08:01 AM, #9
                                         RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, Sorry_i_Win, Mar-28-03 08:49 AM, #10
                                              RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, BoostedGS, Mar-28-03 09:23 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, Sorry_i_Win, Mar-28-03 05:42 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, CopperEclipse96, Mar-29-03 08:48 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, 1sweet98talon, Mar-29-03 10:44 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, BoostedGS, Mar-29-03 05:59 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, fasterGS, Mar-29-03 06:27 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?, JZA69, Mar-31-03 05:18 AM, #17

BoostedGSMar-27-03 09:20 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16655, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL, I was watchin that same auction. If you already have coilover springs, would you be interested in reselling those Goldline springs?? If so let me know. BoostedGS@hotmail.com

Thanks!

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSMar-27-03 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16656, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 1

Jeez...the springs themselves are worth about that much. Goldlines are nice Patrick

BoostedGSMar-27-03 10:52 AM
1329 posts,
#16658, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 2

SHHHHHHHH!!! You're supposed to say "the springs are junk, I'd give them to Patrick for FREE!!"

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

fasterGSMar-27-03 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16659, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 3

They are nice if you like stiff, bouncy crappy rides is what I meant. I forgot part of my sentence!!

coClipse_97Mar-27-03 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
361 posts,
#16660, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, I hate my Goldlines....

97 Eclipse GS
Mods: AEM CAI, OBX muffler, Goldline springs, FU/RU STBs, Platinum plugs, Ingalls rear camber kit, AFX UDP

Sorry_i_WinMar-27-03 04:02 PM
1910 posts,
#16670, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah... seemed like a good buy at the time. couldn't pass it by. I'm not sure if I should use the cheap ebay coilovers i bought a lil while ago or whether I should use the goldlines. but either way, i'll be selling one of the two.

now, about the shocks, will it hurt having different sets on front/back... and how do u use coilovers on these things anyway?

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

fasterGSMar-27-03 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#16674, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 6

I would try to stick with the same type of strut front and back. With those Tokicos you need to cut the spring perch off to use them with coilovers.

BoostedGSMar-28-03 04:26 AM
1329 posts,
#16681, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 7

>yeah... seemed like a good buy at the time. couldn't pass
>it by. I'm not sure if I should use the cheap ebay coilovers
>i bought a lil while ago or whether I should use the
>goldlines. but either way, i'll be selling one of the two.

Ok, well just let me know what you decide.

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Mystic511Mar-28-03 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#16682, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 8

the springs are junk, I'd give them to Patrick for FREE!!

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Sorry_i_WinMar-28-03 08:49 AM
1910 posts,
#16684, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 9

:) lol.. Patrick.. u have anything for trade if i do decide to part with them?

BoostedGSMar-28-03 09:23 AM
1329 posts,
#16686, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 10
Mar-28-03 09:24 AM by BoostedGS

Haha, thanks for the help Mystic!!

I don't really have any EXTRA parts to trade that I can think of. What would you like to trade for?? I'll trade ya for the Progress Techniques springs I have on the car now. They're just too low for me with these Denver streets......

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Sorry_i_WinMar-28-03 05:42 PM
1910 posts,
#16696, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 11

damn your ride looks tite! How big are those rims? Sorry man.. roads here in PA are horrible... i only want to drop 1.5-2." How much will the goldlines drop, btw? I'll prob try to use the coilovers, but I don't like the sound of cutting the perch. oh well we'll see.

CopperEclipse96Mar-29-03 08:48 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#16702, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 12

Hey BoostedGS, how much is your car lowered? Looks real nice. I like the rims.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

1sweet98talonMar-29-03 10:44 AM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
#16705, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 13

Goldlines are a 2 inch drop.

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

BoostedGSMar-29-03 05:59 PM
1329 posts,
#16718, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 14

My rims are 17" Konig Reigns. I'm not sure how far my car is dropped actually. The Progress Techniques springs are "supposed" to only drop the car about 2", but mine is definitely lower than that. I only have about 4" of ground clearance.

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

fasterGSMar-29-03 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#16719, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 14

>Goldlines are a 2 inch drop.

My goldlines are rated at a 2" drop but I think its a little less.

JZA69Mar-31-03 05:18 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#16736, "RE: Goldline springs & tokico shocks for $76 shipped, good or no?"
In response to Reply # 16

this is a stupid question....but are those tokicos green? or is the picture just messed up?

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16653 Previous topic | Next topic