Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #66816
View in linear mode

Subject: "would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?" Previous topic | Next topic
1996talonJan-17-04 04:45 PM
Member since May 23rd 2003
328 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66816, "would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"

I'm thinking about getting this throttle body from modernperformance next
http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/eclipse_60mm_mpxtb.shtml

would it be overkill with the few mods that I have? Should I also get my intake manifold ported at a local shop? I am not planning on going turbo, might add a 50-75 shot later on though. Any input? Thanks.

1996 Eagle Talon ESi

intake, apexi N1 exhaust, hi flow cat
17" hyperblack exel tz-7's
next: AFX UDP and 60 mm throttle body

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, juggalo, Jan-17-04 05:19 PM, #1
RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, 1996talon, Jan-17-04 05:24 PM, #2
      RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, coppereclipse95, Jan-17-04 05:47 PM, #3
      RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, juggalo, Jan-17-04 05:47 PM, #4
           RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, SanJacinto6404, Jan-17-04 06:33 PM, #5
                RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, tim97rs, Jan-17-04 09:18 PM, #6
                     RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, JWoodley, Jan-18-04 09:06 AM, #7
                          RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?, RIeclipse, Jan-19-04 05:40 PM, #8

juggaloJan-17-04 05:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66818, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 0

no they're nice to have. i have a 60mm jeep throttle body just remember to port out your intake manifold to match it.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1996talonJan-17-04 05:24 PM
Member since May 23rd 2003
328 posts,
#66819, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks for replying. another question, Should the part where the throttle body connects to the manifold be ported only? Or all the way through?

1996 Eagle Talon ESi

intake, apexi N1 exhaust, hi flow cat
17" hyperblack exel tz-7's
next: AFX UDP and 60 mm throttle body

coppereclipse95Jan-17-04 05:47 PM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#66820, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 2

if you have time, you should go ahead and port/polish/match the whole intake manifold. it wouldn't hurt! I did it, and I like what I got out of it... even though it took some time lol good luck

1995 Eclipse RS

juggaloJan-17-04 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#66821, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-17-04 05:49 PM by juggalo

you just need it so that when you look in it, none of the opening in the TB is blocked by part of the manifold. see the shiny part in the bottom left side of the opening? that shouldn't be there(i had it misaligned)

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

SanJacinto6404Jan-17-04 06:33 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
628 posts,
#66823, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 4

i know this has probibly been talked about a million times before... but what would a 60mm tb do to your gas mileage?

tim97rsJan-17-04 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#66825, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by SanJacinto6404
i know this has probibly been talked about a million times before... but what would a 60mm tb do to your gas mileage?

nothing that you would ever notice. especialy for the gain in power, its well worth it!

And if you port you intake opening to match your TB, be careful on the wall on the left as you look into your intake. I blew thu and had to have material added so i could get a true 60mm opening. heres a pic:

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

JWoodleyJan-18-04 09:06 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#66835, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 6

you will love the acceleration you get. i just put the TB on w/o any porting and there is a night and day difference. as far as gas mileage, as long as you dont have a lead foot you'll be fine. i say get it!

RIeclipseJan-19-04 05:40 PM
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
634 posts,
#66959, "RE: would a 60mm throttle body be overkill?"
In response to Reply # 7

the ford focus svt has a 65mm throttle body and mpg 21/25

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #66816 Previous topic | Next topic