Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7149
View in linear mode

Subject: "Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeametxMay-03-08 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7149, "Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?"

I've had issues with this damn speed sensor since I got this car like 6 years ago. I think the diff is jacked up, it's not holding the plastic gear all the way on, and that eats up the speedo sensor gear every time. I give up. I have to sell this thing for a down payment on a house and this is the only thing wrong with the car (except the cracked windshield) So I'm tring to brainstorm a way to hook up another sensor somewhere else. Or run it through my Megasquirt. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone done this before?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-03-08 11:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7150, "RE: Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?"
In response to Reply # 0

I gather that pulling the tranny and putting another plastic gear on the diff is not an option?

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

justins71May-04-08 06:10 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#7151, "RE: Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?"
In response to Reply # 1

I had that issue when I first got my car. The black VSS gear was mangled up, so I went to the dealer and they gave me a new one, but it was red. From TH-400/350 stuff I thought color corresponed to gear #, but thought what the hell. put it on, worked like 2 days, then stopped. Diff gear popped off. Pulled trans, put it all back together, same shit. Like a week later speedo quit again. Diff gear popped off. I was ready to weld nubs to hold it on, but instead went to dealer and told them I needed a black speedo gear, had the part # at the time. Finally got a hold of one, and haven't had a problem since, and the speedo is the correct range. I don't know if they just have it listed wrong or what, but that was the issue I had.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

TeametxMay-04-08 11:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#7152, "RE: Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, I have a red one too. That's weird. Well, I just dropped the trans anyways. PITA but oh well. The diff gear is pretty beat up so I would have to change it anyways. I'm gonna glue the new one on, or weld little nubs on the diff to hold it. Thanks for the advice, I'll try to find a black one. Did you match the two gears up at all? Did they look different?

justins71May-04-08 01:46 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#7153, "RE: Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?"
In response to Reply # 3
May-04-08 01:52 PM by justins71

they look identical, just the red one i think was 28T, and the black was 29T (or vice-versa). It was 1 tooth off, I know that for a fact. For the longest time I thought my trans may have been swapped from an avenger/neon or something like that, but it only had 5k on it when i got it so I kinda cancelled that one out.

EDIT: Checked the old ones (still have both) and the red was 29T, and the black was 28T. Red has a number on it 2-4670-082-29T, and the black 3-4670-176-28T. The black one's actual part number is M04670176 (from dealer). Hope this helps

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

TeametxMay-05-08 04:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#7154, "RE: Diff and Speed sensor are humped. How can I get my speedo to work again?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by justins71The black one's actual part number is M04670176 (from dealer). Hope this helps

Dude. You rock.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7149 Previous topic | Next topic