Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #965
View in linear mode

Subject: "help needed" Previous topic | Next topic
mikes96May-25-03 03:50 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
110 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#965, "help needed"

alright im running into problems when running my n2o so guys a few questions i have tried the searches and all that shit i can find a valve body im looking for my options i would like to keep it an auto how can i go about building this trans to with stand some hp can anyone give me the part nos for valve body, shift kit,stall conv and co that sell the stuff have looked at level ten . also there is a guy on the site selling a valve body and tq conv but i can't find the stuff on the web site . what is our stock rev limit(7250) and can i raise it? i have a manual ecu can it be used

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: help needed, amljbs, May-25-03 06:44 PM, #1
RE: help needed, mikes96, May-26-03 08:46 AM, #2
      RE: help needed, Dirty, May-26-03 09:20 AM, #3
           RE: help needed, mikes96, May-26-03 09:57 AM, #4
                RE: help needed, Dirty, May-26-03 04:19 PM, #5
                     RE: help needed, mikes96, May-26-03 04:59 PM, #6
                          RE: help needed, Dirty, May-26-03 05:16 PM, #7

amljbsMay-25-03 06:44 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#967, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 0

First before they kill you for not looking at the top of the section you just posted in let me tell you to look there for most of your questions. Second I wouldnt realy worry about the HP and the tranny that much because the most you will be doing with n20 is a 75 to 100 shot and that isnt even the same as what a stage2 turbo puts down. Our tranny has been proven to handle a descent amount of power it just heats up thus you really need to cool it. The biggest things though to save your tranny will be a cooler and the shift kit.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mikes96May-26-03 08:46 AM
110 posts,
#971, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 1

as i said i did the search but on the sites i see nothing for the trans maybe im just blind . right now im only spraying 80 . and im already running into problems the car shifts too slow and im running into what seems to be a rev limiter . i maybe wrong . iam trying to weigh my options i can go 5 speed but i would like to see whats available and i can't find the shit .

DirtyMay-26-03 09:20 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#973, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 2
May-26-03 09:22 AM by Dirty

Check it out man. Go back to the ATX tranny main page and open the "Read this before asking anything" subject and you will find almost all the info you need on the shift kit, and final drive mod. I believe the rev limit on our AT is 6800rpms (not 100%).

Like amljbs said, the main thing you need to worry about is heat. Get a cooler.

I think The Dawg has ran something like 13.xx on a stock A604, so your 80 shot is not gonna call for a tranny rebuild. From past post and other people, you might soon need to rebuild you engine if running an 80shot on stock internals. Right now, I'd be more concerned with your engine instaed of your tranny. I too, recommend a tranny cooler, and perhaps a shift kit.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

mikes96May-26-03 09:57 AM
110 posts,
#975, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 3

only reason tranny is a concern right now is because the eng is already in progress so would like to start getting the trans ready would liketo have everything going at once instead of one thing at a time . as for the things seen before i have been there i already do have the final drive mod . i have been looking at the sites i found the shift kit for like $18 but im looking for a valve body and a tq con but i cant locate them maybe im just using the wrong types of searches i don't know. also looking at level tens website but can't seem to find the stuff for a604 only a n manual

DirtyMay-26-03 04:19 PM
1405 posts,
#978, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 4

It's not in the things we've seen before section. It's in this one. The very first title in the Auto tranny section. Anyway here it is.

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Automatic+Tranny

If your gonna rebuild, here is the "Bullet Proof List":

and here is a list to build the best a604
get all these parts and your set

Transtar High Energy Rebuild Kit - K7200H $193.00 This kit uses the Raybestos High Energy clutches (kevlar)
Transtar Shift Kit - K72908J $26.00 www.naparts.com
Transtar Differential Pin Safety Clips - 72984 $5.00 each 2 needed and any trans shop (even the dealer) These are plates that sit on the outside of the diff and hold the pin in the assembly.
Transar Booster Valve Upgrade - 7208V $15.00 raises the line pressure for better shifts
Alumunim Accumulator pistons - part number unavailable (looking) $15
Phantom Grip LSD - 904 $271 www.phantomgrip.com
2600 Stall converter - $300 Hughes converters (core needed)
or 2800 Protorque High stall converter
updated solenoid pack Shifter Solenoid - dealer part (depends on year 98+ use different plugs I think) or Precision International Part Number K31900-6
B&M Trans cooler - $45
Raybestos inline microfilter - $30
Autometer Trans Temp Gauge - $45
Drain plug - $5.00
Mopar Anti-Foam Additive
Final Drive gear set Mopar part# 4773275

There is alot of good info it this post as well as pics of some things.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=265#279

As for finding the TQ converter, the only people I know here that have an aftermarket one is Dougie2 and RyaN95i4. Ask them if they don't respond.
Hope this helps man. Good luck.

"Natty Ride"

mikes96May-26-03 04:59 PM
110 posts,
#980, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah thanks i saw that list in the read this first thing .
do you know if anyone has actualy done that too their trans. and the 2 people who actualy have the tq (stall)converter . i am mainly looking for a way to get quicker shifts my car loading up with n20 during the shifts and thats only with an 80 shot would like to strengthn and get everything working before i drop in the new motor and start running higher n20

DirtyMay-26-03 05:16 PM
1405 posts,
#981, "RE: help needed"
In response to Reply # 6

Ok. If you want quicker shifts then the shift kit is what you want.

"Natty Ride"

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #965 Previous topic | Next topic