Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9147
View in linear mode

Subject: "mounting location help???" Previous topic | Next topic
wite96gsMay-25-04 05:08 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9147, "mounting location help???"

I'm looking for ideas on a stealthy location to mount a 1/2DIN crossover(I know it is old school, but I like my x-over). so far the dash below the HU is out of the question and the trunk just isn't going to be an option for me with my current setup. any ideas would be helpfull. TIA Don

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: mounting location help???, SPL_Eclipse, May-25-04 05:13 PM, #1
RE: mounting location help???, wite96gs, May-26-04 03:10 PM, #2
      RE: mounting location help???, Malenko, May-30-04 12:26 AM, #3
RE: mounting location help???, djtrickee, Jun-01-04 04:47 PM, #4
RE: mounting location help???, wite96gs, Jun-11-04 05:16 PM, #6
RE: mounting location help???, My9t5Talon, Jun-13-04 12:54 PM, #7
RE: mounting location help???, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-07-04 04:24 PM, #5

SPL_EclipseMay-25-04 05:13 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9148, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 0

how about the glovebox, or underneath the drivers (or passengers) knee panel, or in the center consol facing upwards, or in the headliner. all of those places will work with a bit of fabrication.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wite96gsMay-26-04 03:10 PM
365 posts,
#9152, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 1

hmm, I like the headliner idea, I wonder if I could probably make a new mount where the sunroof switch is and integrate the switch and all, hmm could be cool, thanx Don

MalenkoMay-30-04 12:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#9176, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 2

what about under the center console? lift up the change pit or armrest cup. I dunno how big your X over is so this might not be an option.

my buddy had his X overs under the seat

djtrickeeJun-01-04 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#9191, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 0

Or you can mount like I did with my DEI... muahahahhaahaaa

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

wite96gsJun-11-04 05:16 PM
365 posts,
#9270, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 4

now THAT is what I am talking about, I like I like!!
none the less, my re-installion is done. I mounted it in the dash below the head unit, but I re-drilled the brackets so that the unit is recessed behind a removable panel I made up, can't see it but can still get to it easily from the front seat. I am very pleased with it, although I would like it to look better than it does, it looks a little ghetto when the cover is removed, but that'll be an easy fix later on IMO. thanx for all the great ideas all! Don

My9t5TalonJun-13-04 12:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#9275, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by djtrickee
Or you can mount like I did with my DEI... muahahahhaahaaa

I want to do that with a cd changer...but not really sure if I want to cut the seat up that much...I'd still like it to have the original shape of the seat too...hmmm...gonna' go measure now!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

eclipse982nrRSTJun-07-04 04:24 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#9243, "RE: mounting location help???"
In response to Reply # 0

behind rear seat

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9147 Previous topic | Next topic