Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3935
View in linear mode

Subject: "some pics of my system!" Previous topic | Next topic
SPL_EclipseSep-16-02 04:15 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3935, "some pics of my system!"

well i finally got around to taking some pictures of my stuff. they are really crappy because (1) i used a disposable camera and half of them didnt come out (2) i dont have a scanner, so i used a webcam to take a picture of the picture and (3) they are a crappy resolution.

anyways, tell me what ya think (keep in mind i havnt upholstered hardly anything yet;))

drivers side kickpanel. this is a 5.25" DEI neodymium component set. theres a 6.5" midbass in there too, facing the pedels, but you cant really see it.

heres the sub wall. 2 15" audiobahn 1500s in an 8 cubic foot box vented at 30hz. only the middle plexi window part is upholstered.

heres the trunk. now you get a feel for how big the box i you can see my 3 autotek amps and EQ.

heres the car.

now lets see if this works.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: some pics of my system!, a_miller_76, Sep-16-02 04:26 AM, #1
RE: some pics of my system!, whyucryn, Sep-16-02 10:04 AM, #2
RE: some pics of my system!, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-16-02 11:27 AM, #3
RE: some pics of my system!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-16-02 02:49 PM, #4
      RE: some pics of my system!, jerseystyle1, Sep-17-02 06:55 AM, #5
           RE: some pics of my system!, TeamXtremeRS, Sep-17-02 10:37 AM, #6
                RE: some pics of my system!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-17-02 11:41 AM, #7
                     RE: some pics of my system!, BlitzdEclipse99, Sep-19-02 05:14 AM, #8
                          RE: some pics of my system!, a_miller_76, Sep-19-02 06:40 AM, #9
                               RE: some pics of my system!, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Sep-19-02 08:36 AM, #10
                                    RE: some pics of my system!, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-19-02 02:17 PM, #11

a_miller_76Sep-16-02 04:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3936, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 0

Here, I'll fix it for ya real quick

You left the .jpg.orig.jpg on the end...should just end with the number and .jpg

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

whyucrynSep-16-02 10:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
96 posts,
#3937, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 1

looking good. what spl do you hit? i have 2 jl 12's in a false floor.
kris

It is better to die standing up, than to live on your knees.

1997 GS

LIFE IS TO SHORT
1997 GS

TeamXtremeRSSep-16-02 11:27 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3938, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice Brings back memories of the DB dragracing days hehe.. Talk about adding some wieght! I hope you are hitting 150+ dbs in that thing man. Looks good. I am a fan of DEI stuff too. I used to have an autotek 500S flush mount amp..was pretty cool.. keep it bumpin

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

SPL_EclipseSep-16-02 02:49 PM
5921 posts,
#3939, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks a_miller_76 for fixing it! im ne

it adds a LOT of weight...about 300 lbs. i guess the good thing is i weight about 105, so its kinda like carrying 2 200lb people in the car. time for boost:)

im not sure what my DB level is so far, as i havnt had tome to check it. it should be somwhre in the 150 range though. its loud enough to knock off my rear-view mirrow, give me heart palpitations and breathing difficulties, and shake my eyeballs to the point where i cant see anymore.

jerseystyle1Sep-17-02 06:55 AM
3135 posts,
#3940, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 4

YIKES! Is that partical board?

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

TeamXtremeRSSep-17-02 10:37 AM
6329 posts,
#3941, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 5

>YIKES! Is that partical board?

Yep i do believe it is! Shame shame! MDF is the way to go boooyyy MDF is denser then particle board, which makes it less resonant, and stronger than particle board. It actually may help you with some DB's to strenghten that box up.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

SPL_EclipseSep-17-02 11:41 AM
5921 posts,
#3942, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 6

LOL..no its not particle board, its MDF. it just looks like shit cause i havnt upholsterd it yet, and its sun faded and probably has a bunch of spraypaint/fiberglass resin/who knows what else on the surface. its also internally braced like crazy. its not really the thickness of the material that counts in a box this big (well, up to a point), its the bracing. the plexi is 3/4 and the seam inbetween the plexi and MDF is 2" thick.

edit: also just to let you know, the amp rack was built on top of the box, those arent huge are air leaks in the back around the factory plastic

BlitzdEclipse99Sep-19-02 05:14 AM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#3943, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 7

I hope your in the high 150's. I'm only running 1 15" (Orion HCCA) sub with 2 amps (MTX 8100D on each coil) and hitting a 156.2. Good Luck man!

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

a_miller_76Sep-19-02 06:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#3944, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 8

Heh...my friend owns a shop and his CRX hits a 162 on the dash....he has 2 Kicker L7 10's and a Memphis 1000D amp...

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Sep-19-02 08:36 AM

#3945, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 9

dood that's badass

now git some screens in dat bish and experience dvd surround digital sound with all dat shizle YO !

SPL_EclipseSep-19-02 02:17 PM
5921 posts,
#3946, "RE: some pics of my system!"
In response to Reply # 10

ive got a 5.6" in the dash and a dvd/mp3 player too, but about 1/2 the pics i took didnt come out ill get some more up sometime soon.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #3935 Previous topic | Next topic