Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2011 DSM/EVO ShootOut topic #231
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Working on cars saturday" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonAug-11-11 12:27 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#231, "Working on cars saturday"

Would anyone like to help install my shift cable bushings and rear motor mount insert after the car show Saturday? Was really hoping to get this stuff done before I went but really doubt I will have time to.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Wes TankAug-11-11 01:24 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#232, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 0

Cable to trans bushings? Those are easy as pie. I hate that rear mount though, it's such a pain in the ass when everything is in the engine bay.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickAug-11-11 02:47 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#233, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Wes Tank
Cable to trans bushings? Those are easy as pie. I hate that rear mount though, it's such a pain in the ass when everything is in the engine bay.

....I pulled my motor to install mine. Not joking.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

420agreenvilleSCAug-11-11 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#234, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Originally posted by Wes Tank Cable to trans bushings? Those are easy as pie. I hate that rear mount though, it's such a pain in the ass when everything is in the engine bay.

you guys just need my 36 inch 3/8 ratchet extension

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorCODE4Aug-11-11 05:19 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#237, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Originally posted by Wes Tank Cable to trans bushings? Those are easy as pie. I hate that rear mount though, it's such a pain in the ass when everything is in the engine bay.
you guys just need my 36 inch 3/8 ratchet extension

That is how I do the rear mount. Easy. No washer bottle either.

---

2012 2500HD LML

FotowntalonAug-11-11 06:15 PM
350 posts,
#238, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 4

I actually have that big of an extension, and no washer bottle. I know it wont be that hard, just dont have time at all. Plus multiple DSMers= half the time to do (if not quicker)

"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

740 turbo brickAug-11-11 09:00 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#239, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
I actually have that big of an extension, and no washer bottle. I know it wont be that hard, just dont have time at all. Plus multiple DSMers= half the time to do (if not quicker)

Dsms run on Gasoline, DSMers run on Alcohol...Id bring a tank to refuel the DSMers...

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

FotowntalonAug-11-11 09:50 PM
350 posts,
#240, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 6

Plan on bringing a few 12s for the bring your own brew, and a case or two of beer. Way ahead of ya there :p needless to say I will need a DD for lunch, and dinner, and late night drunken snack.

Slo2gAug-12-11 07:00 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#241, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 7

Multiple DSM'ers working on your car and everyone of them are drunk out of their mind........yeah, gonna be a good SO!

AdministratorCODE4Aug-12-11 07:01 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#242, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 8

I think while some are changing his rear motor mount I will inspect his rod bearings for wear :p

---

2012 2500HD LML

FotowntalonAug-12-11 09:40 PM
350 posts,
#243, "RE: Working on cars saturday"
In response to Reply # 9

should prolly do this early Saturday before everyone is to drunk =P

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2011 DSM/EVO ShootOut topic #231 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic