Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2077
View in threaded mode

Subject: "New to 2gnt" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMDUDE99Aug-31-11 09:02 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2011
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2077, "New to 2gnt"

Hello my names Ryan and i own a 1999 Eclipse Gs. Only mods that have been done are a short ram air intake and a cat back exhaust. I live in Sayre,Pennsylvania came here for a little help and maybe to find some Dsmer's near by that would like to meet up and do some cruises or gatherings. I'm 20 years old got into dsm's by one of my close friends that has a 93 talon tsi awd, and i thank god every day he introduced me to them because i love my eclipse (Ashes) would be her name.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
shatteredsilenceAug-31-11 09:57 PM
Member since Jul 02nd 2011
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2078, "RE: New to 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Ryan! first off welcome, as i have only been a member for about a month now, i assisted my brother with an engine rebuild where he used this site as a bible so i know how useful it can be! that being said there is alot of useful information on this sight from "which turbo is best" to "lowering the driver seat for tall drivers."

shortly after we rebuilt and turbo-ed the engine we blew rings, loosing all compression and sending oil spewing out of the spark plugs! so aside from that massive and expensive learning experience the only mods on my 96 eclipse gs now are a cool air intake, short throw shifter, cat back 2.5'' exhaust, 18'' konig's, stage 2 racing clutch, and a wilwood big break kit. simply stated "beauty in simplicity" in my opinion the exterior of the car is very nice, clean looking to begin with. the mod that i enjoy the most is the wilwood break kit because at the end of the day its what allows me to approche corners faster which makes the ride fun, but it's also what keeps me from hitting a deer or getting in an accident. Highly recommended!

anyways welcome to the site!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-31-11 10:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2079, "RE: New to 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 1

Welcome!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

BoostedEclipseAug-31-11 10:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#2080, "RE: New to 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 2

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it useful.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

DSMDUDE99Sep-01-11 08:44 AM
Member since Aug 31st 2011
0 posts,
#2081, "RE: New to 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 3

thank you all but heres a quick question for you guys my throttle cable has quite a bit of slack in it how would i be able to tighten this back up and regain my lost throttle response?

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-01-11 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#2082, "RE: New to 2gnt"
In response to Reply # 4

Look directly in the middle of the upper part of the intake manifold. Just infront of that is a plate with two 10mm bolts. Loosen those two up and slide the bracket/plate to adjust tension and retighten.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #2077 Previous topic | Next topic