Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75948
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Would this work?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTSep-03-04 01:49 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75948, "Would this work?"

while scrolling through ebay, i found this wideband meter. its not the $400 autometer setup but it might work better than my blinky light a/f gauge when i decide to tune the car (AFTER I READ THAT MAXIMUM BOOST book!!!!!!!!). it should help out alot better too cuz it displays volts too and blinky lights. whats your thoughts on it, is it junk?

thanks guys and I DID buy that book to help me out with this shit when i get going and started.

just want your comments on this wideband meter .....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
420a-TnthewerksSep-03-04 01:57 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75949, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 0

link?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratormicyekSep-03-04 01:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#75950, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 0

looks good?

links help

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

eclipse982nrRSTSep-03-04 02:24 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#75951, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 2

wooops, i thought i forgot something .......
heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33681&item=7919652484&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-03-04 02:42 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#75952, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 3

nah thats a narrowband, not a wideband. If your going to spend the money get a wideband. it costs roughly 200.00 to build your own.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
Greddy header - Greddy exhaust

97 Eclipse
Star Stage II - Boost/oil/EGT gauges - 3" custom DP/Apexi N1 3" exhaust - SFMU/return line - Apexi SAFC - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - ceramic intake - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: HKS EVC IV, 450 Turbo injectors, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Mitchell on Demand copies available

siueclipseSep-03-04 04:00 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#75954, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 4

check out www.wb02.com

they have do-it-yourself wideband kits that you can put together yoruself. if youd like, ill build it for you if you buy the kit. i can get the 02 sensor and cable for it for like $35 bux.

MattchewSep-03-04 04:54 AM
Member since Oct 23rd 2003
340 posts,
#75958, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-03-04 04:57 AM by Mattchew

Originally posted by siueclipse
check out www.wb02.com they have do-it-yourself wideband kits that you can put together yoruself. if youd like, ill build it for you if you buy the kit. i can get the 02 sensor and cable for it for like $35 bux.

ignore this post

MattchewSep-03-04 04:57 AM
340 posts,
#75959, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 5

check out www.wb02.com they have do-it-yourself wideband kits that you can put together yoruself. if youd like, ill build it for you if you buy the kit. i can get the 02 sensor and cable for it for like $35 bux.

Bad link, don't click the one above. It's just a misspell. The actuall link is www.wbo2.com. You accidently used a zero instead of an "o".

TeamAvengerSep-03-04 06:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#75962, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-03-04 06:05 AM by Avenger

I can't look at the ebay link from work but in my opinion getting a WBo2 is very important for turbo tuning. The WBo2 that people have linked to up there all use the NTK L1H1 WBo2 sensor. This is a VERY expensive sensor (like $200). There are other WBo2 options that use the Bosch LSU4 sensor. They are the Zeitronix ZT-2 and the AEM UEGO to name a few. This sensor is MUCH cheaper ($80) to replace and is just as accurate. You'll just be hard pressed to find a DIY solution for it but the current controllers using it are reasonably priced. I'm sure you could find more doing a search on google (try many variations in the search field).

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

siueclipseSep-03-04 06:25 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#75963, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 8

would you quit acting like an idiot mattchew?

MattchewSep-03-04 06:44 AM
340 posts,
#75965, "RE: Would this work?"
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-03-04 06:46 AM by Mattchew

would you quit acting like an idiot mattchew?

check out www.wb02.com

they have do-it-yourself wideband kits that you can put together yoruself. if youd like, ill build it for you if you buy the kit. i can get the 02 sensor and cable for it for like $35 bux.

How am I acting like an idiot? Your link didn't work so unless it's fixed now it still wont. I was just trying to help give the correct link.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75948 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic